Fabia VRS Loss of power

Can anyone help. On my way to work today my VRS suddenly had a massive loss of power. There was a loudish bang and then missfire for 30ish seconds. It is now spewing black smoke out the back but running with no missfire but has no power, when I put my foot down it stutters and slowly picks up speed. I had to drive it about a mile to get it to a safe parking area, I hope it hasn't caused to much damage.

I had something similar not so long ago---

Fortunatley it was only a boost pipe that had popped off - if you look to the left of you engine by the drivers side front light - its quite difficult to see - but i managed to see that

the pipe had come loose. Apparently its a common problem.- Once refitted it was fine.

Don't know if this helps

Almost certainly a popped pipe joint somewhere between the turbo compressor and the inlet plenum. Top tip is to replace the standard spring clips with proper Terry Jubilee clips when you're re-attaching.

The car's safe to drive short distances, but note that it's massively over-fuelling above 1_200rpm (even on the standard map, never mind remapped) and has no effective air filter until the joint is resealed.