Random PAS & Coolant lights

I've had a bit of a search on here, but the only threads I could find were ancient, so no slating for a new thread ;)

Some mornings when I go to start the car, either the PAS or the coolant warning level lights come on. Turning the engine off, and restarting it makes them go away.

I did have a problem with the coolant temp sender, and replaced that last month, which also involved a complete change of coolant - but there are no signs of leaking, and the level is always at max. The car gets up to temp normally as well.

I've not had any problems with sudden heavy steering, and the car seems to drive perfectly normally. When it doesn't happen, the light comes on then off as normal.

I've connected to the car with my dumb VAG-COM, but it's not showing any faults at all.

Anyone with any ideas?

I've had a bit of a search on here, but the only threads I could find were ancient, so no slating for a new thread ;)

Some mornings when I go to start the car, either the PAS or the coolant warning level lights come on. Turning the engine off, and restarting it makes them go away.

I did have a problem with the coolant temp sender, and replaced that last month, which also involved a complete change of coolant - but there are no signs of leaking, and the level is always at max. The car gets up to temp normally as well.

I've not had any problems with sudden heavy steering, and the car seems to drive perfectly normally. When it doesn't happen, the light comes on then off as normal.

I've connected to the car with my dumb VAG-COM, but it's not showing any faults at all.

Anyone with any ideas?

did you ever sort this out i have similar problems engine coolant light comes on and stays on flashing, and intermittently the pas light comes on

thanks

I've literally just finished changing the coolant bottle. A bit more than a 10 minute job, but not too bad. More fiddley than anything.

I found this guide extremly helpful.