Sync of spare key causing single door opening?

Hi,

Well, picked up my petrol Octavia vRS (07) yesterday having traded in my Type-R.

Very pleased with it, since still has plenty of grunt (undecided whether as quick or quicker that the Civic, but it's very close, and certainly more low down pull) and has the extra room we so badly need :)

Last night tried to sync the spare key (since wasn't unlocking the doors). So following the manual pressed a button on it, and tried to unlock the drivers door with the key... didn't work though, for some reason. Seems that left turn and right turn do stuff?

Anyway, now it seems that the other fob only unlocks the drivers door, which is a pain to say the least; meaning driver has to get in and hit the button near the handbrake to let a passenger in, and open the back doors so can put the baby in. Am sure when I picked it up the key fob was unlocking all the doors.

Just nipped over to our local Skoda dealer to see if someone could look at it, and can't until Wednesday, and want £75 for the privilege.

Hence why I'm posting here...

Bought car from an independent garage, not a Skoda dealer, so doubt they could help with this strange issue.

Any thoughts?

I googled for the issue and saw a thread here, talking about different codes, which I assume relate to the software I see in one of the forums.

Can someone give me a brief overview of the software and how it's used, and what for, what are the risks etc?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Westy

Hi,

Well, picked up my petrol Octavia vRS (07) yesterday having traded in my Type-R.

Very pleased with it, since still has plenty of grunt (undecided whether as quick or quicker that the Civic, but it's very close, and certainly more low down pull) and has the extra room we so badly need :)

Last night tried to sync the spare key (since wasn't unlocking the doors). So following the manual pressed a button on it, and tried to unlock the drivers door with the key... didn't work though, for some reason. Seems that left turn and right turn do stuff?

Anyway, now it seems that the other fob only unlocks the drivers door, which is a pain to say the least; meaning driver has to get in and hit the button near the handbrake to let a passenger in, and open the back doors so can put the baby in. Am sure when I picked it up the key fob was unlocking all the doors.

Just nipped over to our local Skoda dealer to see if someone could look at it, and can't until Wednesday, and want £75 for the privilege.

Hence why I'm posting here...

Bought car from an independent garage, not a Skoda dealer, so doubt they could help with this strange issue.

Any thoughts?

I googled for the issue and saw a thread here, talking about different codes, which I assume relate to the software I see in one of the forums.

Can someone give me a brief overview of the software and how it's used, and what for, what are the risks etc?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Westy

You can change the lock opening from your convenience menu. Press and hold the toggle switch on your wiper stalk. This gives you a menu with all types of settings. You can change it from there

Hmm, pressing and holding the rocker switch doesn't do anything.

I can cycle through the different display options, like MPG, temp etc, but can't get the main menu up.

In my manual the main menu function has an asterisk by it, is it optional?

[Have you tried double clicking the key. Once the drivers door is unlocked press the remote again.

This should have the same result as jumping in the car and pressing the unlock button inside the car. :thumbup:

Edited by juice1510

You can change the lock opening from your convenience menu. Press and hold the toggle switch on your wiper stalk. This gives you a menu with all types of settings. You can change it from there

Don't forget, that only works if you have maxidot which isn't a standard feature on the manual...