my vRS has taken a knock

I was going around a roundabout today and in the correct right hand lane but the yellow camper style van with german plates who was in the left lane decided to share my lane and side swiped me. he drove away with me quite shaken up and angry

He or she left me with damage to my car, some horrible yellow paint transfer and a dent. I'm so angry that he drove off without stopping. I'm not a violent person but I do hope the very worst happens to him or her. I unfortunately could not get a look at the plate as I was going around the roundabout. Once i completed my turn i put my hazards on and stopped near morrisons.

Anyone guess at how much a repair will cost?

P1000039.jpg

P1000037.jpg

Edited by newskoda

Guest BigJase88

makes me mad!

i recently had my fabia vandalised!

tbh i woulda drifted it round sunk the boot and followed the camper!!

and probaly in a fit of rage sideswiped him / her!!

Guest BigJase88

oh and back quarter looks fubard! i recon over £500 anyways, plus its black magic so is a pearlescent paint with laquer

German plates as in foreign or just german style British plates? Worth checking with your local police station as they might have reported it, its a faint chance that they would have but you never know. Any likely CCTV on that road?

German plates as in foreign or just german style British plates? Worth checking with your local police station as they might have reported it, its a faint chance that they would have but you never know. Any likely CCTV on that road?

oh definately German as in foreign. perhaps they got confused going around the roundabout and as Germans drive on the right don't they?

I will report it but tomorrow will go get a quote on the repairs. I just want my car looking like it used to be. I feel part of me has been damaged or violated.

Edited by newskoda

Gutted for you. Where abouts are you based, I'm sure someone can recommend a decent body shop. Based on a scrape I had about 2 years ago, I'd hope you could get it sorted for sub £400......

Gutted mate! Some **** has done the same to my vrs! Hit it out side my house and drove off!

:'( Sorry to hear that mate. I hpe the git who did that ends up on the wrong side of a very steep cliff.

it really is heart breaking when it happens to either yourself or a fellow Briskodian because you know how upsetting it is. I've reported it to the police and got a reference number. Tomorrow i'll get a quote on the repair.

Gutted for you. Where abouts are you based, I'm sure someone can recommend a decent body shop. Based on a scrape I had about 2 years ago, I'd hope you could get it sorted for sub £400......

I'm going to try a couple of local body work repairers (i'm in bexley,kent) i've used in a few years ago who are usually fairly reasonable. One of them is an ex audi mechanic and his work is very good.

I'm going to hope it doesn't cost too much.

:D:rofl:

i'm getting the work done for £400 inc vat. He said he'll do the rear quarter and remove dent, respray both doors, try to remove the scuffing to the handles, wing mirror respray and respray/do the bonnet (stone chips). I've used him once before and his work is good.

a good price me thinks

Edited by newskoda

My daughter reversed her Seicento into my 06 Black Magic vRS in almost exactly the same spot as your damage! Cost £450 to put right via the good offices of Bickerton Skoda in Sheffield, and I had to shell out for it because it was cheaper and less hassle in the long-run than claiming on her insurance. Who'd be a parent eh?

Cheers,

Steve

My daughter reversed her Seicento into my 06 Black Magic vRS in almost exactly the same spot as your damage! Cost £450 to put right via the good offices of Bickerton Skoda in Sheffield, and I had to shell out for it because it was cheaper and less hassle in the long-run than claiming on her insurance. Who'd be a parent eh?

Cheers,

Steve

You can always take it out of her pocket money emoticon-0140-rofl.gif