How To Remove Front Seats

Im going to give my carpet in my octy mk1 vrs a good clean and im going to remove the front seats to do a proper job.Is there any pitfalls at all?i know i will probably have to disconnect battery before unplugging seat belt pre-tentioners,any others? cheers.

Disconnect the battery leave 10 minutes then remove 2 13mm nuts at the front of the seat and slide towards the rear being careful not to streach the wires on the bottom of the seat. All thats left to do is then disconnect the loom(s) from the bottom of the seat

No need to disconnect battery. Take the trims off the runners at the back of the seats (one torx screw holding each). Then as said before undo the 2 nuts at the front, unplug seat belt warining light under seat (just one under drivers seat) and push seat back and it will fall out of the runners. Oh remove head rests aswell makes it easier get the seats out.

Edited by 36gilford

Hi There,

very Easy Job (I'm sure you will be shocked how heavy the OEM seat is)

I did this a few weeks ago, unfortunately i have the horrid white carpet :thumbdown:

Ps - i used Autoglym carpet shampoo and it works very well (Halfords sell it)

Just don't forget to plug in the airback wires when your done.

The only other tip is MASK your centre console to prevent scratching ( when trying to wrestle the seat out of the door)

Hope the above info helps

Here are some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnex/4571993866/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnex/4571992890/

regards,

peter

Edited by magnex

• 4 years later...

A word of warning; if you have side airbags (in the seat) DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION ON WITH THE SEAT WIRING DISCONNECTED. i have just done this and now - with the car re-assembled - my airbag light will not go out, reading other topics it looks like i'm going to have to take it to a dealer to get it turned off. :-(

There are no airbags in a mk1 VRS seats. Unless it's a WRC. Always good practice to disconnect battery when doing work on anything involving electrical connectors. Undo plastic runners in rear passenger compartment. T20 torx required for this. Then move to the front and two 13mm nuts to undo. Good idea to protect centre console and door shuts/sills with blankets. Also the wheels on the seat base that slide in runners are often covered with grease. This will leave grease track marks on your white carpet when removing. Seatbelt warning connecter under seat needs unplugging then wrestle seat out of door opening. And yes they are heavy. Tilting the seat back forward helps when removing.

• Like 1