Panaromic Sunroof

Should I change my nick to I love Toyota then? I've had the new shape Avensis for almost year and a half and I have to say that I'm VERY VERY pleased with the car. Totally different car than the previous model.

Sorry the off-topic.

On the topic. Yes the panoramic sunroof looks great. Only gripe what I've heard from the users is that it's creaking pretty bad during winter when snow and ice packs in the gaps.

I don't think you can order the pano roof right now, as they are having some parts issues.. Latest brochure it is nowhere to be seen...

I see you own an Avensis mate, how old is it?

I ask cos I nearly bought a new shape one a while back, and I'm wondering what has obviously inspired your user name.

Two things..........working for the Toyota factory in Derby nearly killed me with the stress of continuous improvement...........but I guess that's good for owners...........and secondly crap dealers........but to clarify they are actually pretty good UNTIL something goes even a little bit wrong............then look out and watch for their economic with the truth approach.................anyway............if you can live with the bland looks and the car should be reliable....................then good luck.............it's made in Britain so good for UK economy........so you can feel pious about your decision........it's just not for me............... :doh:

Our amethyst purple 1.8 TSi DSG is on a ship from emden now. It should have the panoramic roof on it- ordered in march and the roof caused the delayed build.

Will put some pics up in a couple of weeks hopefully.

I heard if you tried to order the roof now you would be looking at a long delay- possibly 6 months or more.

Hoping it's standard as we ordered the elegance spec. Will let you know if it works and is actually fitted. I have the brochure stating it's standard so if it isn't there I won't be happy. I saw you had trouble with yours! Hope you get a resolution.

Another member Chrispy B, who also has the V6, has been informed by Skoda UK through his dealer that it isn't standard ( although it clearly states it is in the brochure! ). I haven't heard back from Allams yet. I'll be very interested to hear of your experience especially when it's shown as standard on a 1.2TSI DSG Yeti S emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Two things..........working for the Toyota factory in Derby nearly killed me with the stress of continuous improvement...........but I guess that's good for owners...........and secondly crap dealers........but to clarify they are actually pretty good UNTIL something goes even a little bit wrong............then look out and watch for their economic with the truth approach.................anyway............if you can live with the bland looks and the car should be reliable....................then good luck.............it's made in Britain so good for UK economy........so you can feel pious about your decision........it's just not for me............... :doh:

I bought a Passat in the end, only because it was 3.5k less tbh, that and the style of it, the Avensis I tested, 1.8 CVT, and it did impress, mpg roughly the same as my DSG and the dealer was fantastic, 4 hr test drive, good PX, and overall the whole staff I felt were helpful, much more than the VW and Skoda lot I've encountered, I take onboard about when it goes wrong, but hopefully if I ever buy one I won't need that side of things, Avensis Mk2 doesn't suggest this btw, we have 6 operating at this time and all are behaving.

Things I liked

No rear tunnel

Up seated feel

Fuel

Light drive

Things I didn't

Cheap plastics in the boot

General feel of quality cutting

Brake switch location

Saggy seat on an 8k car

I won't say never, because I like the car overall, as long as my Passat doesn't play up I will keep it, but should cost times appear, I think the Avensis will be on my drive asap, can't fault any Toyota dealer for service though, well maybe Bristol Toyota World for losing a 99% deal insisting my PX had an MOT on it, had they been prepared to accept it as it was, I would have an Avensis Estate now, in the end they took 1k less than I was going to pay, and my old car is now listed @ 1,5k more than they offered for it, and all the clincher was, was, who was going to pay for the MOT on mine, £60 cost them £940 clear profit.

Another member Chrispy B, who also has the V6, has been informed by Skoda UK through his dealer that it isn't standard ( although it clearly states it is in the brochure! ). I haven't heard back from Allams yet. I'll be very interested to hear of your experience especially when it's shown as standard on a 1.2TSI DSG Yeti S emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

I'll let you know when it arrives and I've found a hill in Sussex to test it on! Will reply in the HHC thread.

I'll let you know when it arrives and I've found a hill in Sussex to test it on! Will reply in the HHC thread.

Good luck with your car. Hope your one is fine! :thumbup:

Our amethyst purple 1.8 TSi DSG is on a ship from emden now. It should have the panoramic roof on it- ordered in march and the roof caused the delayed build.

Will put some pics up in a couple of weeks hopefully.

I heard if you tried to order the roof now you would be looking at a long delay- possibly 6 months or more.

Latest brochure

Recommended Retail Price List

and Technical Specification

Model Year 11 - Effective 25th May 2010

Has no picture or mention of pano. roof...................eh ?

• 3 weeks later...

Latest brochure

Recommended Retail Price List

and Technical Specification

Model Year 11 - Effective 25th May 2010

Has no picture or mention of pano. roof...................eh ?

Picked ours up today: Pics here

Dealer reckons problem is supply and not costs so said the roofs would be back in the future. It was never in the previous brochure (other than the one photo recently removed?).

Glad we sneaked in before they stoppedit- makes a big difference to the black interior. More pics to follow.

Edited by TopCat7

Picked ours up today: Pics here

Dealer reckons problem is supply and not costs so said the roofs would be back in the future. It was never in the previous brochure (other than the one photo recently removed?).

Glad we sneaked in before they stoppedit- makes a big difference to the black interior. More pics to follow.

Many thanks for the pics - handsome car and I love the roof. Mine, which I am assured has the roof too (!), was on the boat last week so I should have it soon.

Many thanks for the pics - handsome car and I love the roof. Mine, which I am assured has the roof too (!), was on the boat last week so I should have it soon.

You'll love it! Ours did take longer to get from Grimsby to the dealer than to be built and shipped all the way across europe! Something to do with being the first amethyst one in the country so the dealer was told.

You'll love it! Ours did take longer to get from Grimsby to the dealer than to be built and shipped all the way across europe! Something to do with being the first amethyst one in the country so the dealer was told.

Thats a new excuse!!

Are you sure it hasn't had to visit a paintshop?

Thats a new excuse!!

Are you sure it hasn't had to visit a paintshop?

agreed it sounds odd- but car looks ok to my untrained eye!