Fabia Vrs Seats (Again!)

Spragg

Hi

My new Fabia vrs is due any day (so the garage keep telling me) and I can't wait.

My main concern is how to protect the seats. I've read loads of threads which all tend to suggest applying Simoniz Teflon Protection. However, having tried Halfords and several on-line retailers, I am having trouble finding any.

Does anybody know a stockist? Or can anyone suggest an alternative product?

Also, any tips on running-in, service intervals (fixed or not?) would be great.

Anybody recommend a brand of diesel to use or are they all the same?

Finally, what's wrong with using washing up liquid to clean your car and the best alternative. Mine's black magic and i think i might be cleaning it a lot!!

Thanks to anyone who can help a skoda novice!

Simoniz Teflon may be difficult to locate. I believe the supplier for our last group buy has either low stock, or none at all.

Running in is as per the manual. Likewise service...as far as i know it's fixed only on the Fabia vRS.

Washing up liquid is full of salt and will turn your paint a nice shade of white given time. Use a proper car shampoo and get some wax on it.

:)

Right most of your questions have allready been answered on the forums but hears we go again...

1 - Washing up liquid, Bad Bad Bad idea. Washing up liquid is abrasive to clean your plates, not such a good idea on you car, especially a black magic one, will lead to swirl marks and a flat finish. Also believe it has a high salt content so is corrosive. When you considered pound for pound something like Halfords own cars wash im much cheaper anyhow why risk it?

2 - Diesel, try a few brands, couple of tankfulls of each will give you an idea, I run mine on BP Ultimate Diesel, seems to make a difference if I change back to regular diesel so i swallow the extra cost.

3 - Running in, keep it gentle for the first 1000 miles or so, try and keep it under 3,000 revs but more importantly no full loading, i.e chugging up a hill at 20 mph in 6th. Fabia vRS only runs fixed servcing so every 10,000 miles or a year.

E-bay is a good source of seat protector, do a search on scothguard or superguard.

Ross

Sorry no reply earlier; been away for the weekend.

Thanks for your help; e-bay it is then!

PS Just heard from garage - Brand spanking new vrs just arrived. Ready for collection on wednesday. just 48 hours to go, not that I'm excited.....!!!!

Thanks again for your help.