Where to buy all the parts for a timing belt change?

sake-bito

Hi,

After doing a search on the forum i now know i need to change the water pump with a metal impeller one at the time i do my cambelt change.

I have booked into my local garage for a timing belt change £90 labour. But i need to know where the cheapest place to buy all the parts?? i.e all the bolts and coolant etc etc

STOO

Skoda upgraded the plastic/abs impellors on the water pumps, so I think the earlier problem of breakage has now gone, I always used the genuine Skoda ones without any problem at all.

The best place to get the belt, tensioner, water pump etc is a genuine Skoda dealer, I always used genuine parts without any faults.

I know your north of the border, but don't skimp...... :giggle:

Edited by TheMethodFeeder

Skoda upgraded the plastic/abs impellors on the water pumps, so I think the earlier problem of breakage has now gone, I always used the genuine Skoda ones without any problem at all.

The best place to get the belt, tensioner, water pump etc is a genuine Skoda dealer, I always used genuine parts without any faults.

I know your north of the border, but don't skimp...... :giggle:

hahahaha!!! :moon:

So with mine being an 05 plate VRS mine will be metal?

So all i ask for at skoda is a timing belt service kit for a 1.8 VRS and it will come with all the bolts and coolant etc?

STOO

TPC in Edinburgh if you know someone in the "trade" as i think they only deal with trade.Proper VW/Skoda branded parts.Metal pump can be got from local motor factors,or Euro carparts,but as said above I think the newer VW/Skoda replacement pumps are of a diiferent plastic material.

Edited by kenny rsell

TPC in Edinburgh if you know someone in the "trade" as i think they only deal with trade.Proper VW/Skoda branded parts.

Unfortunatly i dont know anyone in the trade that could get me stuff from trade only places. Looks like i'll head to skoda dunfermline then, Had good service from the parts guys there already :thumbup:

STOO

hahahaha!!! :moon:

So with mine being an 05 plate VRS mine will be metal?

So all i ask for at skoda is a timing belt service kit for a 1.8 VRS and it will come with all the bolts and coolant etc?

STOO

No, they upgraded the plastic ones to a better grade plastic, so there would not be any more problems.....

Unfortunatly i dont know anyone in the trade that could get me stuff from trade only places. Looks like i'll head to skoda dunfermline then, Had good service from the parts guys there already :thumbup:

STOO

look up Sere Motors, they are a SEAT dealer and can get you all the parts you need at a price similar to TPS