Engine Code?

As there are so many engine codes I need to confirm mine for parts etc.

As far as I can tell by other posts/searches it is a ASV but how do I confirm this? TIA

If you have the original manual there should be a sticker in the front with lots of three letter codes in it showing what feaures the car has. I think either the first or last of these is your engine code.

Alternatively it is stamped on one of the little metal lugs on the engine block that you connect the chains to if hoisting out your engine, on the 1.8T engine this is near the throttle body at the front l/hand end of the engine just under the cover but no idea if it's the same on the 1.9TDis :S

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

As there are so many engine codes I need to confirm mine for parts etc.

As far as I can tell by other posts/searches it is a ASV but how do I confirm this? TIA

The engine code is marked on the engine. Facing the car on the left side just under the engine cover.

What about on first page in the service schedule? Sometimes there is a sticker inside the cover with some details on. :)

Spot on :thumbup:

Pat on the back to that man :)

Sticker on 1st page with loads of info :thumbup: