Is there any reason NOt to order a 1.6 CR DSG

Before the "Vat Free" offer expires, ie Wed morning this week

Be an Estate in either CE or Elegance trim

With tow bar prep & towbar ( trailer towing only mind)

What other goodies are recommended in either CE or Elegance specs ( leather knobs and wheel would be good)

Plus

What is this "Maxidot" thinngy?

Sigh

Having given up on getting a Yeti before the VAt increase

Sigh

Before the "Vat Free" offer expires, ie Wed morning this week

Be an Estate in either CE or Elegance trim

With tow bar prep & towbar ( trailer towing only mind)

What other goodies are recommended in either CE or Elegance specs ( leather knobs and wheel would be good)

Plus

What is this "Maxidot" thinngy?

Sigh

Having given up on getting a Yeti before the VAt increase

Sigh

The problem with the DSG variant of the 1.6CR is it pushes it up into the same tax band as the new 2.0CR that should now be ready to order according to the brochure. The 2.0 has quite a bit more power with the smoothness of the 1.6 and is, near as makes any difference, as economical as the 1.6 on paper.

All I'll add is, if the 2.0CR been around when I bought my current car, it would have been a more difficult decision. The 1.6CR is still good though and, at the risk of causing another argument, IMO, better than the 2.0PD - I'm just a sucker for quiet and smooth.

I had been biggly in the notion of the last of the 1.9 DSg models

but the apparently power-sapping nature of the wet 6 speed DSG transmission was a bit off putting

Wheras the dry 7 speed DSG sounds better

and yes I had picked up on the lethargic "pick-up" of the 1.6 CR, by several accounts ( on here)

And having phoned around I cannot get a 1.6 CR DSG test drive

As mentioned I am driving a tweeked ( albeit very mildly) 110/125Hp 1.9TDI, which is indeed "gutsy"

I see a local dealer still has 1.9 TDi's on offer....not DSG though ( but DSG is only for the missis)

So will I just stick to a 1.9/2.0 manual

decisions decisions

Oh

Thanks guys

Edited by dieseldogg

Poor decision maker that I am I have still not ordered.

I very very very very very nearly bought a Yeti on Wed night. Ex dealer order stock in Se trim

But am just about to order an Octavia Hatch in 1.6Cr DSG in Elegance trim.

Sigh; For the wife.

PS

wtf does one need to spec an Octavia in Elegance trim to get the goodies that are supplied on the Yeti in SE trim, ie cruise control, 3.5mm socket, reversing sensors, leather bits etc, puzzled is all.

Cheers

M

Ps

My suppling dealer says there will probably be a software "patch" supplied by Skoda re the flat spot in the 1.6 Cr Dsg, Hmmmmmm?

Deal finalized car ordered this forenoon

Edited by dieseldogg