Interior Modifications

Picking up my vrs hopefully wednesday just wondering what type of interior mods people have done/ thinking of doing. I like the idea of an armrest i found on ebay, although a little expensive. Would love a boost gauge but wouldnt have a clue how to wire it up. Just looking for any ideas really.

Cheers

Inside mine I've changed all the courtesy lamp bulbs to hi power LEDs,

put in a better head unit in, custom stealth shelf, fitted a parrot kit, oem under stereo drawer, oem cupholder (£35)

plain black fitted mats, and a footrest plate to make it match the pedals.

Coming soon, Tints all round, 2nd underseat storage box and S/S retrim.

Edited by grr666

Inside mine I've changed all the courtesy lamp bulbs to hi power LEDs,

put in a better head unit in, custom stealth shelf, fitted a parrot kit, oem under stereo drawer, oem cupholder (£35)

plain black fitted mats, and a footrest plate to make it match the pedals.

Coming soon, Tints all round, 2nd underseat storage box and S/S retrim.

Where did you get the high powered LEDS and the cupholder?

Cheers

Best upgarde for the interior has got to be the seats, seen many with upgraded seats and thinkin off having mine done. Does cost a bit though . . . .i have an carcomfort armrest in my vrs and loves it. Only thing i do find, gets in the way of the handbrake if you keep it down all the time . . .you get used to it after a while though. :yes:

Edited by Hobbsy VRS

Best upgarde for the interior has got to be the seats, seen many with upgraded seats and thinkin off having mine done. Does cost a bit though . . . .i have an carcomfort armrest in my vrs and loves it. Only thing i do find, gets in the way of the handbrake if you keep it down all the time . . .you get used to it after a while though. :yes:

to which seats would you upgrade to? How much did the armrest set you back, hard to fit?

Where did you get the high powered LEDS and the cupholder?

Cheers

Here's where matey ;)

The interior lights are much brighter and whiter with these, also they dim as they do with standard bulbs in,

so you won't lose that feature. Also they genarate virtually no heat and consume about a quarter of the power as

the standard kit. You will have to keep your seats clean. They'll show up all the stains even at night :rofl:

These are the actual sellers I used and had no probs at all.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320439203572&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270425945835

Cupholder was main dealer item. Very dear for what it is but I just had to have one. :D

Took 2 days to come and was about £35, Don't know part number sorry...

It's from an elegance model fabia originally. Also you will need a small infill piece available

from Skoda for about £3 if you change the head unit. This goes just above to allow the fitment of a

standard Din E sized unit. Cheapest and best option here as it will match existing plastic perfectly.

Edited by grr666

to which seats would you upgrade to? How much did the armrest set you back, hard to fit?

Keep original seats and have them retrimmed here----> http://www.theseatsurgeons.com/metadot/index.pl

Check the gallery. They do a freedom discount so will

probably start at £750 for full retrim inc door cards..

Some stunning Brisky members cars in the gallery as a group buy was done a while back... :thumbup:

seat sergeons is a good site with upgraded seats, can get all types for the fabia and they give discounts to members of this site . . but its still a lot of money, i personally am looking at getting black with green cross stiching look tops got green/ black thing goin on :yes: .. . the armrest was installed in my car before i got it but it looks easy enough to instal just drill 4 pilot holes then screw the 4 self tappers in and away you go that easy :rofl:

I fitted foot well lights into mine, up under the dash, mounted on the side of the centre console.

I also (like mentioned above) painted the air vent surrounds in silver (alu look, to match the pedals, dials and kn0b) as well as the ash tray lid / gear gator surround trim.

I'll never grow tired of pimping this picture.. ;)

3932452156_f162d50def_o.jpg

Edited by Rob.

Yup, that's why I posted the link ;)

They are also excellent quality for use in the parking lights.

I have a set there too. Very bright indeed!

Remember that leds only work one way so after fitting,

if it doesn't come on, remove and turn thru 180degrees and refit

and you'll be sorted. :thumbup:.

Anyone wrapped the air vent surrounds in carbon fibre?

Now that's an interesting idea..

How thicks the wrap though as I've read on here a guy painted them and got the paint so thick that the movement of the slats scrapped it all off so not much room to spare.