Hesitation in 3rd/4th at low revs

I've got a 1.4TSI with 3500 miles on the clock and have noticed that sometimes at low revs in 3rd and 4th gears that the engine seems a little bit hesitant. It feels like it hasn't got a smooth power delivery but more like slight little bursts of power then no power which makes for a slightly juddery acceleration. It seems ok in 2nd and its fine in 3rd and 4th when you rev the nuts off of it. Just wondering - is this normal for this car/engine, or should I get this looked at? The car is only 4 months old so I don't know if this is just something it will do whilst its being broken in or if I'm just not used to the engine having come from a 2.0 TDCi Ford? I don't want to take it in to the garage for the sake of it.

It's not normal :thumbdown: :'( I've been out and about in a 1.4TSI Golf today and it didnt do this

EDIT: but what it did do was cost an arm and a leg for what it is, for similar money he could have got an octy like mine, and got it delivered sooner! :giggle:

Edited by Mute

I think Ive noticed something similar in my 1.8TSI DSG, very slight reluctance like its feathering the throttle too much to conserve fuel, but I just put it down to the AC unit.

My 1.2 TSI does the same. You can notice it below 1500 rpm. with 2nd gear (shorter ratio) there is obviously no problem. Minor sacrifice for owning a turbocharged daily car...