glovebox rattles

when i am going 30 or so even 40 there is no noise from the glovebox but when i am on the motorway i hear a rattle or knocking noise.it only started recently and i thought road chippings were the cause but it has persisted.has anyone else had the same and knows what is causing it.thanks

the latch does it, i padded out with little bits of the fuzzy side of velcro, doesn't make any noise now

i press on the door when driving and it still rattles.it almost sounds as if it is behind the glovebox.

Does it sound like a mouse scratching around trying to escape? If so it could be the air con re-circulation flap motor? (do a search)

The glovebox is held in with a few torx head screws so unscrew it, slide it out and see if there's any multiplugs loose and rattling around behind there.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it sound like a mouse scratching around trying to escape? If so it could be the air con re-circulation flap motor? (do a search)

The glovebox is held in with a few torx head screws so unscrew it, slide it out and see if there's any multiplugs loose and rattling around behind there.

cant find anything out about the recirculation flap motor.any ideas on a fix.it is definately sound like a mouse scratching about.

Either a new motor for the flap or disconnect it and set it to fresh air only.

If you know someone VCDS they could try resetting the flap position but this may only fix it for a few days.

Either a new motor for the flap or disconnect it and set it to fresh air only.

If you know someone VCDS they could try resetting the flap position but this may only fix it for a few days.

cheers mate.

[quote na01271 - Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68)

37-10 - Faulty - Intermittent

01274 - Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)

37-10 - Faulty - Intermittent

is this all in the same motor because when i checked for (v68) and (v71) on ebay it has a vw polo motor with the same (v68)and (v71) is it the right motor or which motor should i look out for.thanks