Whistling noise from engine

ive got a vrs diesel, 2 and half years old, just done 60k, its just started to make a high pitched whistling sound between about 1200 and 2200 revs while accelerating. you can hear it with the radio off, but with the radio on at normal sound level, you can only just hear the whistling noise, my gut instinct tells me its not too series hopefully, maybe a turbo pipe come off some where ???? i don’t think its turbo bearings because that’s a whining sound as opposed to a whistling sound. Also noticed like an electrical humming sound coming from the engine after the engine as been switched off, it only humms for about 5 seconds. What do you guys think?? Just took a extended warranty out today as it’s just done 60k, hope i don’t have to use it......

sounds like the whistling of the turbo and when you turn the engine off it could be the immobilser or something like that my fiesta used to do that don't think my fabia does it tho,i'm certainly not a mechanic so don't take my word for it :yes:

sounds like the whistling of the turbo and when you turn the engine off it could be the immobilser or something like that my fiesta used to do that don't think my fabia does it tho,i'm certainly not a mechanic so don't take my word for it :yes:

its turbo, just hope its not to serious, think its a pipe or a leak somwhere, no loss of power, drives perfect, apart from whistling noise

The high pitched whine for a short time after turning off the engine is normal.

what about whistling noise ?

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a vrs diesel, 2 and half years old, just done 60k, its just started to make a high pitched whistling sound between about 1200 and 2200 revs while accelerating. you can hear it with the radio off, but with the radio on at normal sound level, you can only just hear the whistling noise, my gut instinct tells me its not too series hopefully, maybe a turbo pipe come off some where ???? i don’t think its turbo bearings because that’s a whining sound as opposed to a whistling sound. Also noticed like an electrical humming sound coming from the engine after the engine as been switched off, it only humms for about 5 seconds. What do you guys think?? Just took a extended warranty out today as it’s just done 60k, hope i don’t have to use it......

A quick update on the situation, took car to skoda garage today for a fault on the radio, which i reported a couple of weeks ago {mileage was 59900} i did say, by the time they saw the car, it would be out of warranty because its done 60k. anyways last week my turbo has begun to make a whistling sound, and i mentioned it to the service manager, he's checked it out, and it looks like its going to need a new turbo....... only prob is its out of warranty and he is going to try to make a 'goodwill claim' on my behalf, as its 'just 'out of warranty. he is 99.9% certain it will be done under warranty, he will let me know on Monday, and then i will then find out how good skoda are at, 'keeping their drivers happy'. Only had the car 5 weeks....... i will let you know on Monday...

A quick update on the situation, took car to skoda garage today for a fault on the radio, which i reported a couple of weeks ago {mileage was 59900} i did say, by the time they saw the car, it would be out of warranty because its done 60k. anyways last week my turbo has begun to make a whistling sound, and i mentioned it to the service manager, he's checked it out, and it looks like its going to need a new turbo....... only prob is its out of warranty and he is going to try to make a 'goodwill claim' on my behalf, as its 'just 'out of warranty. he is 99.9% certain it will be done under warranty, he will let me know on Monday, and then i will then find out how good skoda are at, 'keeping their drivers happy'. Only had the car 5 weeks....... i will let you know on Monday...