BRAKE LIGHT FAILURE

1- Welcome to the forums, from just along the hillfoots! :)

2- Turn your caps lock off please.;)

3- Brake light switch on the pedal is your problem, loads of info on here about it if you use the search.

3- Brake light switch on the pedal is your problem, loads of info on here about it if you use the search.

Have to agree with the above , except one

I am in Manchester

New brake light switch , your there!!!!!

Sarah

MY BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT ACTIVATING - A COIL SYMBOL HAS NOW APPEARED ON THE FACIA. I HAVE CHECKED BULBS AND FUSES BUT ALL OK. WHAT NEXT

check to see that it has not come loose from its mounting,,if it has put it back and some insulation tape tight around it to stop it coming loose again,if it has not come loose while you are their take it off and bring it with you when you are getting the new one so you can get the same one,,good luck,and take care,,,,,

• 2 years later...

I had this problem on my Octavia, all lights just went. It was a very simply fix. I got a new brake light switch from the main Skoda dealer in Barnstable for under £11.00. The fitting of the switch requires a cover to be removed by two T20 screws, this cover then unclips and is easily removed. Depress the brake pedal and turn the switch until it is free, unclip the wiring (a four pin affair on my octavia). Then do the reverse to connect the new switch.

I only got to know this from this forum so I feel the need to share how easy it was to fix this issue.

• Like 1