just a few questions.

Hi all,

im thinking of buying a superb se.

just a few qustions

is the 1.8 tsi engine any good?

and do you need to have the dsg gearbox to have park assist?

and the most important question, whats the best colour?

thanks.

is the 1.8 tsi engine any good?

and do you need to have the dsg gearbox to have park assist?

and the most important question, whats the best colour?

thanks.

1) The 1.8 TSI engine is one of the currently most praised engine in VAG. As a personal opinion it is very well balanced, elastic and not that fuel hungery for the power output it delievers. I am very pleased with it so I highly recommend it.

2) You dont need DSG to have park assist.

3) Weird question. The best colour is the one you like most. For me it was Rosso Brunello.

Park assist seems a waste of money, can you drive or not? just get the front sensors and save some cash. all here seem to think Park Assist was a waste of money.

1) The 1.8 TSI engine is one of the currently most praised engine in VAG. As a personal opinion it is very well balanced, elastic and not that fuel hungery for the power output it delievers. I am very pleased with it so I highly recommend it.

2) You dont need DSG to have park assist.

3) Weird question. The best colour is the one you like most. For me it was Rosso Brunello.

Park assist seems a waste of money, can you drive or not? just get the front sensors and save some cash. all here seem to think Park Assist was a waste of money.

I second that. It seems rather useless considering that in heavy traffic conditions when you have to do a 'quick' parking there is little time to put park assist to work, let alone use it. It is however high-tech look and a nice show-off to see the car park by itself :D

A common opinion I've seen in the Superb discussions is that once you have specified front parking sensors as an option at £285 then the extra £140 for park assist at £425 isn't a big investment. This is on the UK SE and Elegance spec. The VW group are obviously pushing Park Assist reasonably hard as an option as all the VW group demonstrators I have tried in the last 6 months have had it fitted. Some VWs have it as standard.

Personally I am happy with the standard rear sensors, never had them before so will be a novelty on their own.

Best regards

David

Show off in a car park with your mates watching!

You are not going to use it Day to Day! ;)

I second that. It seems rather useless considering that in heavy traffic conditions when you have to do a 'quick' parking there is little time to put park assist to work, let alone use it. It is however high-tech look and a nice show-off to see the car park by itself :D

It was my mindset also, that i can drive, have always driven big cars, even learnt to drive in a Mondeo, but, i ordered Park Assist. Getting it, even if it was just to show off and have it as a selling point when it comes to 2nd hand value, i thought was worth the extra few pounds.

Al.

Park assist does not work, by all means order it as its quiet cheap and then the first time you use it watch it shred you nice alloy wheels to pieces. I have one damaged alloy as testimony to how poor the implementation is, used it once and most likely will never use it again.

The way it works is technically flawed, it tries to align the car so that its straight with the cars front and rear. No problem if they are big cars, but parallel park between say a corsa and fiesta and you will be parked on the pavement.

All the demos you see on youtube and other video sites, show the system parking between 2 cars, away from any kerbs for a reason.

Mine is Rosso Brunello, and it really is a nice colour that seems to change in appearence depending on light conditions.