Hi all

StevoWarby

Hi everyone.

My name is Stevo. I currently own a Seat Leon Cupra, and am a member of Seatcupra.net (I'm sure some of you have heard of it!).

My Leon is a company car and is due for renewal in September which means in the next 6 months I need to make my mind up about what car I want for the next 4 years.

I intend to look at as many cars as possible to get a full view (I love the Leon but wish I researched more as the seats aren't that comfortable on long journeys and make my back ache). However, I do currently have my eye on the new Octavia (2.0 Tdi Elegance), with a bunch of options.

This looks like a nice big informative resource, and I've heard good things about this place on seatcupra.net, so I look forward to getting to know some of you in due course.

Right, I'm off now to read what I can find on here about the new Octavia!

Stevo

Mornin' Stevo. :wavey:

A couple of people have taken Skoda up on their jolly nice offer of a 24hr test drive in the new Octy and have published their thoughts on it. Over all it looks pretty good, but I'm not sure about VFM as a private buyer.

Have a read, then book a 24 hour test drive would be my advice. Find a decent dealer by looking in the reviews section. :D

Jon

Hello and Welcome Stevo,

i had a 2.0TDi for a couple of days,in Classic trim i think and it was fantastic.

seats very comfy,did a 260 mile round trip in a day and felt like i hadn't even done it.

the engine is excellent,masses of torque and it handled brilliantly,4th gear is great for A-B roads and on the motorway 100mph in 6th is under 3K rpm.

the interior IMO is 100x better than the Mk5 Golf and feels better put together.

all in all i was very very impressed and am seriously looking forward to the new Octy vRS especially if they put a hotter version of the 2.0TDi engine in it.