local help Needed to programme a new key fob with VAG TACHO

Hello all,

Just after some info, I ahve just bought a Vrs but it has only come with one key fob and that one only works when it feels like it!! :wall:

I have puchased a brand new key fob and got a blade cut and they both came through today.

My question is what do i need todo to get the fob to linked up, I have a full version of Vag Com but nothing else.

Can anyone help??

Cheers

Edited by jaba101

Where did you buy the remote from?

Brand new as in an unused spare remote or brand new from a dealer - it makes a difference to whether you need a new transponder or not.

You will also need your SKC before you can code anything.

you need the SKC code, This should have come with the car, on a little plastic key which you open up, and then scratch off a panel to reveal the number!

Then if you search on this website, there is a how to guide!

If you havent got the SKC code, you need to either go to a dealer and take one for the team, or find someone with a program called VAG TACHO, and they can get you the code.

HTH

Chris

Thanks for the replies,

Boaught the keyfob from ebay and the car didn't have the skc code with it.

Do the dealers charge alot to do this or is it better to get vag tacho?

Cheers

not sure how much the latest price is, but sure it was about £40 for my brother in law!

I paid someone a tenner to do it for me, and it bought him a couple of beers!

put a post on here, saying you need someone locally, and people will come too you, some do not charge, but i like to contribute to the local lads who help people out! (As I am one with VAG COM)

Edited by radioone