Confused.com

greetings earth dwellers

I am new to this but have a fabia vrs on a 2005, with a couple of issues that need attention:

Alternator - had car checked by stealer, he said the alternator needs replacing as not charging properley (lots of lights coming on intermittently on dash - apparent common indictor of weak alternator) - can anyone point in the direction of a guide for replacement on the site?Seems odd on a 2005 but tahts life i guess..

Rear Doors - Stealer said common fault on these foreign bath tubs that the rear doors need resealing up to prevent water coming in at the rear foot well. Not a problem at the mo but come winter I dont really want to de ice the inside and the outside before going!

I did search but I am not the most gifted IT compliant earthling.

Cheers

Gayboy

Hi Gayboy........:giggle:

Well dont buy an alternator , until you have the wiring checked

No it is NOT common for them to fail , but the wires break that go to the dash from the alternator (this happened to me too , bought an alternator and it did not need it)

Yes , it is common for all the doors to require sealing

Just try sealing with bath sealant , I am sure there will be a wow to on here

I am on an old computer and is dead slow , but I am sure you will find it

Be weary about the alternator , they are flippin expensive , and I dont think you will need it

Sarah

Hi Gayboy........emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Well dont buy an alternator , until you have the wiring checked

No it is NOT common for them to fail , but the wires break that go to the dash from the alternator (this happened to me too , bought an alternator and it did not need it)

Yes , it is common for all the doors to require sealing

Just try sealing with bath sealant , I am sure there will be a wow to on here

I am on an old computer and is dead slow , but I am sure you will find it

Be weary about the alternator , they are flippin expensive , and I dont think you will need it

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, I can't help being a lady...hence my name as gayboy please don't laugh at my sexuality I am a little sensitive and might well up at any time - you know funny time in the month etc, its my hormones dear,

They tested the charge at the battery and it was'nt charging right so I guess the leads to the dash would'nt cure the undercharging problem?

Re the doors, do you know where you seal with bath sealant is it between the door cards and the door? or in the bottom of the door, btw what is a wow??

I do love talking to another lady, why are you awesome sarah - v.kinky...

Thanks Sarah, I can't help being a lady...hence my name as gayboy please don't laugh at my sexuality I am a little sensitive and might well up at any time - you know funny time in the month etc, its my hormones dear,

They tested the charge at the battery and it was'nt charging right so I guess the leads to the dash would'nt cure the undercharging problem?

Re the doors, do you know where you seal with bath sealant is it between the door cards and the door? or in the bottom of the door, btw what is a wow??

I do love talking to another lady, why are you awesome sarah - v.kinky... (sarah works for awesome gti )

ive put my mothers clothes on...:p

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/door-carrier-repair/

if alternator isnt charging it prob will need replaced..

ooooooohhhh v.cheeky if i wasnt gay i would spank you you naughty girl...

sorry on the awsome thing as said im not the sharpest pc user. thanks for the link v kind. have you fitted a perf air filter to get all that extra power or is it a bit more complex. I would be a bit scared of driving my car with more than the current power in fact i would prod do a small wee in my girlie pants!

ooooooohhhh v.cheeky if i wasnt gay i would spank you you naughty girl...

sorry on the awsome thing as said im not the sharpest pc user. thanks for the link v kind. have you fitted a perf air filter to get all that extra power or is it a bit more complex. I would be a bit scared of driving my car with more than the current power in fact i would prod do a small wee in my girlie pants!

why arnt you called " gaygirl " then?

im afraid it takes more than a perf filter to get 270 bhp....waste of money...stick to oem filter and change at least ev 10k.

Hey , i dont question anyones sexuality , I just like cars :giggle:

Plus I wear ladies clothes too

If the alternator is not charging , yes it can still be the broken wire

If the wire is broken then the light wont flash up on the dash to say the alternator is working

So then although the alternator is OK , it will not charge because of the broken wire

I KNOW FOR A FACT as it happened to me and I broke down :yes:

Sarah

Hey , i dont question anyones sexuality , I just like cars :giggle:

Plus I wear ladies clothes too

If the alternator is not charging , yes it can still be the broken wire

If the wire is broken then the light wont flash up on the dash to say the alternator is working

So then although the alternator is OK , it will not charge because of the broken wire

I KNOW FOR A FACT as it happened to me and I broke down :yes:

Sarah

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/126159-battery-charge-light-not-illuminating-with-ignition-other-elecrtrical-faults/page__p__1584477__hl__alternator%20wire__fromsearch__1entry1584477

Sarah

Im really glad I cme on here today, Sarah thanks for your help - when I get round to it and before buying a new alternator I will check the wires - it would be a real mare if all it is, was a wire from the lternator. Again thanks for link.

You would have thought the dealer would check this though. If its not the wire I will hav to tackle the alternator replacement, and you are right they are v. expensive.

Cheers my dear

Gayboy xx (I'm still saving for the op, I hate these man bits..that spoil my figure)

You would have thought the dealer would check this though. If its not the wire I will hav to tackle the alternator replacement, and you are right they are v. expensive.

2-3 hrs fault finding just to replace a wire? Pah, who do you think they are? engineers? :giggle:

whatever happened to doing a job right, for right sake insted of endless money pursuit. I think too many have sold there souls to chasing the $$ instead of helping others and doing it right. Its got to turn sooner or later though...cheers Gayboy (preop)

No worries , if it is a broken wire , then that is a couple of hunderd quid to go towards the op emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Sarah

thanks sarah, the ops are v expensive and require more than one visit. i am seeing my gp this arbo - apparently i may be able to get some help from the nhs, i do hope so as the cost for private is v high, not disimilar to alternators!

big hug to all my loves

cheers

gayboy

Cool, My name is gayboy - because I am a boy and i love other men, especially there tiny willies emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

This thread has hopefully saved me some cash, thanks to sarah and yes you are awesome irrespective of the workplace. Hope you are still there after yesterday, you made it sound like your last day at workemoticon-0114-dull.gif

Cheers my dears, big love hug to all the gayboys on here and girls...

Cool, My name is gayboy - because I am a boy and i love other men, especially there tiny willies emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

This thread has hopefully saved me some cash, thanks to sarah and yes you are awesome irrespective of the workplace. Hope you are still there after yesterday, you made it sound like your last day at workemoticon-0114-dull.gif

:moon:

Edited by warwick hunt

hey gayboy! Just a quick idea but get a multi meter on the battery to see whats its charging at then on the alternator positive and negative to see the output on the alternator.It could be simple as a new battery needed.Also check the earth(negative) lead is tight on the battery too.

Hope that it does save you some money

Yes was my last day at work.....

But am back :D

Not Awesome , or gay , but hey , dont hold it against me LOL

Sarah

hey gayboy! Just a quick idea but get a multi meter on the battery to see whats its charging at then on the alternator positive and negative to see the output on the alternator.It could be simple as a new battery needed.Also check the earth(negative) lead is tight on the battery too.

Cheers my dears, Im not majorly techie like, but will try to work out the + / ~ on the alternator, I havent had a look at it yet - due to being a bit lazy and v gay. I have changed the battery a few week back and still going strong - but good advice cheers to all my briskoda boys and girls

Hope that it does save you some money

Yes was my last day at work.....

But am back :D

Not Awesome , or gay , but hey , dont hold it against me LOL

Sarah

Nice one sarah, only just cheked back in - really sorry about the job hope you get something new soon, and you are awesome too me for helping out.........cheers

Gayboy