Don't buy this car! (EU03 TLJ)

the auction has ended mate or he withdrawn it?

Was working when I just clicked it mate :wonder:

Edit; no it's not maybe been taken down. I believe the police sent people immediately as a matter of urgency

Edited by Lew_VRS

The front grille looks like a pre-facelift grille too. Seems very upright and flat.

Yep, squarer and with thinner chrome, like a pre facelift car.

Explains the lack of a vRS grill badge too.

Just tried that 'mytextcheck' for a giggle and it came back All Clear. Don't know how upto date there records are.

Registered April 03. 4 Owners. No colour changes. No stolen record. Not scrapped. No record of total loss claim by insurers.

Probably been mis-treated and botched repairs.

Just tried that 'mytextcheck' for a giggle and it came back All Clear. Don't know how upto date there records are.

Registered April 03. 4 Owners. No colour changes. No stolen record. Not scrapped. No record of total loss claim by insurers.

Probably been mis-treated and botched repairs.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was on cloned plates mate.

This car is back on ebay.

thanks for the info. don't give it a second of your time

Unfortunately just goes to show what I think we all already know,... You cannot trust what is being sold on fleabay, never got a response from them over the one I reported and have now seen there is another ex-police car on there, which is fine if they're advertised honestly, but they're often not. Mileage is more plausible but has some **** 'n' bull story about it being stolen recovered, nothing about it's real history,.... Reckons insurance paid out over £7k for it,...... Yeh right,.....

Edited by vRS Steve

Unfortunately just goes to show what I think we all already know,... You cannot trust what is being sold on fleabay, never got a response from them over the one I reported and have now seen there is another ex-police car on there, which is fine if they're advertised honestly, but they're often not. Mileage is more plausible but has some **** 'n' bull story about it being stolen recovered, nothing about it's real history,.... Reckons insurance paid out over £7k for it,...... Yeh right,.....

its a shame but some people wont pick up things like service history lost in the post etc etc etc and will get conned out of big money. fair enough a knackered little hatchback for a few hundred quid but something like that is a bit different.

Just to resurrect this thread, I mailed him some questions and got this answer:

To: direct_chrysler_parts_uk

Subject: me has sent a question about item #250670106668, ending on 28-Jul-10 12:51:46 BST - SKODA OCTAVIA 1.8 VRS 2003

Sent Date: 23-Jul-10 15:14:40 BST

Dear direct_chrysler_parts_uk,

Hi there,

how come it's registered in 2006 but it's an 03 plate?

Also, it says MOT until June 2010? Is this right or has it just passed a new MOT?

And finally, what was the upgraded turbo?

Thanks

Hi sorry but it is a 2003 car. It has 12 months MOT on it. It has been upgraded to a 2005.

thanks

- direct_chrysler_parts_uk

Reply in your email program or through My Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, clear as mud… :wonder:

They probably mean they just fitted a standard K03S turbo to it off of a 2005 model VRS.

In which case it's not an upgraded turbo :giggle:

And which begs the question why did the old turbo go pop...?

The way he drove it points very much as to why the turbo went pop. :p