My Airbag warning light just came on..

Hi people,

Woke up this morning to find the airbag light on, ive had a look through the octy manual, but no help, I switch the engine on and it goes off for 1 second, then comes back on again and stays on...

any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Dave

May be a loose plug under the front seats? even if it is though you will need VCDS to turn the light off once the fault is corrected, so you may as well get it scanned first as it will pinpoint where the fault lies,

May be a loose plug under the front seats? even if it is though you will need VCDS to turn the light off once the fault is corrected, so you may as well get it scanned first as it will pinpoint where the fault lies,

Forgive me, could you explain what VCDS is? I havent a clue! and where can I get this tested?

Thanks again,

Dave

VCDS is a diagnostic interface that plugs into the car and scans for faults, it also allows you to change various factory settings.

Have a look at the VCDS Owners Map for a member on here who is local to you (it is worth clicking on their profile to see when they were last on-line so you can see if they are still active) then send them a PM (personal message).

Exactly the same thing has happened to mine. It seems to be a common problem and thread are several threads about it. It is a fault in the wiring, one of the connectors gets loose or dirty and throws the fault up. I got mine looked at by a local independent garage who checked the wiring and cleared the fault. Has't happened again since.

Andy