Alloys

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on changing the vRS wheels. At the moment i have standards painted an antracite colour, that in fairness i do like but fancy a change. Was looking towards something like the rs6 wheels, or the rs4 wheels. Which size tyre would i need, i know there 5 x 100 but dont know about tyre sizes. Also has anyone got the pics, ive trawled through the alloys archive but cant seem to find any exactly of what im looking for. Do the original rs4 alloys fit also? Sorry if this has been asked before but again ive tried searching for audi alloys and havent found anything. Its just something im looking at changing a bit maybe so any pics would be brilliant also.

Cheers

Chris

Original Audi Wheels are 5x112, and will not fit onto a fabia vrs. But most you see on none audi's are fakes, and alot you see will be in 5x100.

I am changing my wheels this weekend to some bbs rims, so if that is the size you would be having, i would recommend tyres such as 205/35/17 as it is only 0.8% out, so shouldn't affect your speedo too much!

HTH

Chris

Brilliant thanks very much for the reply. So the replicas should be a considerable amount less than the real jobbies? I was thinking about the octavia vRS alloys but im open to ideas so its quite fun picking and choosing! My car is quite low at the moment, with bigger wheels would that technically raise the height of the car a bit?

Have a look here for pages of Furby wheel inspiration B)

Mk1 Audi TT wheels are popular, and you can get genuine 5x100 RS4 style wheels as fitted to the mk1 A3 and the A2.

For 17" wheels I would go for 205/40/17 - you can compare tyre sizes here

Edited by JulieD