How long between build week and collection?

davehutch

Hi Dave,

your Monster will be put together in a day (probably a few hours), when she gets signed off they put a big white sticker in the windscreen; if your able to see that when she arrives at the dealer the date and time of sign off will be typed in small print at the top.

From there she goes by rail to the port of Emden in Northern Germany (close to the Dutch boarder) where she waits for passage to the UK either to Grimsby or Sheerness depending on the Dealer location (I believe). Next a wait for a car transporter to the dealers. Depending how busy the dealer is and deadlines their working to she could be yours in a day or two after that.

Mine took three weeks from build to arrive at the dealer, most of that time was spent at Emden waiting for passage to Grimsby. From there to the Dealers took 4 days and there less than two hours apart.

Have come across some instances were from factory to parked on your drive in less than 2 weeks but that's real lucky.

Regards,

TP

hi I ordered at the end of march. the dealers took delivery of it last week. i was all ready to pick it up on sat 31st july but got a phone call the afternoon before telling me some lad had reversed his pug into the side of it. smashed in driver and passenger doors. Gutted. Ordered a new one. facing another delay 3/4 months.

hi I ordered at the end of march. the dealers took delivery of it last week. i was all ready to pick it up on sat 31st july but got a phone call the afternoon before telling me some lad had reversed his pug into the side of it. smashed in driver and passenger doors. Gutted. Ordered a new one. facing another delay 3/4 months.

Tragic news that emoticon-0106-crying.gif hope they can fast track the reorder for you.

Regards,

TP

Tragic news that emoticon-0106-crying.gif hope they can fast track the reorder for you.

Regards,

TP

i hope so - the dealership in middlesbrough have been good so far and the sales manager said he'd try to speak to skoda and hurry things up - im just gutted -we went to see it and its far worse than i expected to see after the description they gave me over the phone,

how he didnt see it behind him when he reversed i dont know - its not like its a small car ! just plain did not look behind him. oh well at least it happened before i signed for it - would have been expensive if it'd been in a car park somewhere else

Rotten luck, I'd be gutted. Hope it arrives quicker this time for you.

Thanks everybody for your replies, at least I'll have the heated seats before winter sets in :-)

That is the worst news. Depending on what you originally ordered it is always worth checking what is in Emden awaiting shipment. I originally ordered a 1.2TSI SE in metallic grey with ....a sunroof. When the build date went back yet again I cancelled and luckily managed to secure the same spec but a 110 TDI diesel version sitting in Emden and which was delivered to me about two weeks later. This of course was without a sunroof. I compromised and am very happy with the car. Worth checking but if you have all sorts of add ons ordered then it will certainly mean another wait which is gutting. Trust you will get a hefty discount!

Good luck

ours took a little over 3 weeks from build to collection...in those 3 weeks i tracked EVERY ship from emden to grimsby lol...yes i was that sad, worth the 16 week wait tho, shes a beauty :thumbup:

Ours took about 5 weeks from production to delivery in Finland, but this is partly because we had a harbour strike for a couple of weeks in spring, and the people that prepares the cars for delivery had not been able to clear the backtrack from this yet. Skoda has also had a very good year in Finland with growth of over 60% during the first 6 months, and this unfortunately shows as longer delivery times.

Bloody hell you were lucky indeed that you hadnt just signed it off then had that happen, so at least thats a positive, but what a bugger !! I hope they take the license off the prat that cant drive tho ??

:S

yeah lucky in that respect - and as for take his license off him - i'd take his head off if i'd seen it happen !! The dealers been good, back on the phone today to update me on the situation. Apparently they have spoken to the 'Area manager' to try and fast track - i hope they do. fingers crossed

My Yeti (SE TDi 140 4x4) was ordered 19 May and due for build in week 22 (first week in June). It arrived at the dealer on 18 June and I took delivery on 23 June. Settled for second choice colour (Storm Blue instead of first choice silver) and so pleased I did- every other car is silver!