Brake upgrades

Hi,

I am requiring new pads and disks all round (43k on clock) on my fabia VRS. Is it worth upgrading to 320mm disks on the front? and what is the extra costs new?

There is someone that is going to do the work for me and used to work for VW. Do you think it would be straight forward for this person to do the upgrade without messing them about? He will be ordering the parts.

Also insurance do they need to know? and do you think they will care if I did tell them?

thanks

Legally yes the brakes are a big deal with insurance, even if you upgrade them so realistically you are stopping more quickly and they are "better" an insurance company will use non declared uprated brakes as a reason to invalidate your insurance and I have know people come a cropper with this before leaving them personally liable for all costs