Reversing mirror

Can anyone accurately describe the setting procedure as mine does not seem to work on the elegance??

From the manual:

Switch on the ignition.

– Turn the exterior mirror control to position L.

– Engage reverse gear.

– Move the exterior mirror into the desired position.

– Take the vehicle out of gear. The set position of the exterior mirror is stored.

Ray

From the manual:

Switch on the ignition.

– Turn the exterior mirror control to position L.

– Engage reverse gear.

– Move the exterior mirror into the desired position.

– Take the vehicle out of gear. The set position of the exterior mirror is stored.

Ray

Ahhh you need to set it first!, was wondering why mine didnt work!

Ahhh you need to set it first!, was wondering why mine didnt work!

Yes but even then you need to have an Elegance I believe.

I have set this function many times in my SE yet despite the option being in the MFD menu, it doesn't do anything :'(

Yes but even then you need to have an Elegance I believe.

I have set this function many times in my SE yet despite the option being in the MFD menu, it doesn't do anything :'(

i tried to set it but still no joy, weird cause my mirrors are electric AND auto dimming.... does it come with the electric seats i wonder?, where in the maxidot menu did you find the setting?

Yes Simeon is right, unless you have the electric memory seats then the dipping exterior mirror will not work as it needs the memory software that comes with the seat to enable it to work.

Ian

Yes Simeon is right, unless you have the electric memory seats then the dipping exterior mirror will not work as it needs the memory software that comes with the seat to enable it to work.

Ian

According to the specifications, Elegance models, the far side mirror should dip on engaging reverse when properly set. The memory is not dependent on electric seats.