Discounts?

yellowyeller

I am planning to order a SM in the next week or so. Has anyone been successful in securing a dealer discount? I have had an initial conversation with Citygate Colindale and no dice so far - "demand exceeding supply, long waiting list etc. etc."

Incidentally, here's my intended spec:

- Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDi CR 140bhp DSG Elegance

- Black Magic pearl effect paint

- Onyx Black leather

- Silver roof rails

- Tyre pressure monitor

- Decorative rear bumper trim

- Front & rear mudflaps

Went to my dealer armed with printed quotes from online brokers - after a bit of friendly haggling they matched Drive the Deal's price -sadly they couldn't offer a quick delivery, so like many others I'm stuck in a 12-16 week queue :(

My Golf GTD will be going this week (Private Sale) - thank goodness for 'er indoors Fabia :)

Went to my dealer armed with printed quotes from online brokers - after a bit of friendly haggling they matched Drive the Deal's price -sadly they couldn't offer a quick delivery, so like many others I'm stuck in a 12-16 week queue :(

My Golf GTD will be going this week (Private Sale) - thank goodness for 'er indoors Fabia :)

Thanks for that MM, just gone to Drive the Deal and they are offering a pretty handy discount... printer being primed as we speak!

I did the same. At the time CarQuake was good. Took that quote to the the dealer and told them I'd rather build a relationship with a local dealer, but not if it was going to cost me money. They got close enough so I ordered through the dealer.

Have ordered two cars with them now and they look after our 53 plate fabia too, which is low milage and we got 3000 pounds in part ex from the dealer for it. Which I was very happy with.

Contact James at Allams of this parish he is very very helpful.

Thanks. :)

If you want to email me the spec of the Yeti you'd like I can see what I can do for you.

I can very rarely ever match DtD but I can get reasonably close and will do as much as I can to help the sale. Plus I'll happily take your BMW as a part exchange.

Can't say it was much of an issue - got almost £2500 off mine without trying too hard. Pick one that's built and unallocated at discounts are pretty easy.

My experience was similar... DtD discount was £2800, I achieved just shy of £2500 at Citygate - for a factory order to the spec i want. Maybe I'm too soft but I didn't think chasing after the extra £300 was worth the hassle of going via a broker.

Thanks. :)

If you want to email me the spec of the Yeti you'd like I can see what I can do for you.

I can very rarely ever match DtD but I can get reasonably close and will do as much as I can to help the sale. Plus I'll happily take your BMW as a part exchange.

Thanks for the offer James, but I've gone with my local dealer... plus the BMW is a company car & I may get into trouble trying to flog it!

My experience was similar... DtD discount was £2800, I achieved just shy of £2500 at Citygate - for a factory order to the spec i want. Maybe I'm too soft but I didn't think chasing after the extra £300 was worth the hassle of going via a broker.

But frankly mine is not a £17,000 car in terms of quality never mind the £19,000 plus that it costs list price.