VRS Bumper adjustment

Sri5

Can someone please help me with adjusting the front bumper after a knock from a kerb. The passenger side is hanging down slightly now and I'm not sure where the fixing brackets are or how to re-align them.

Thanks

2 bolts either side of the bumper, they are at the end of the black plastic rubbing strip, you need to prise the ends off and adjust with a 10mm socket

Can someone please help me with adjusting the front bumper after a knock from a kerb. The passenger side is hanging down slightly now and I'm not sure where the fixing brackets are or how to re-align them.

Thanks

Here is some pics to assist you.

As stated you have 2 bolts either side of bumper underneath the plastic trim. Use small thin flat screwdriver to lift up trim, use a cloth to protect paintwork

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod016.jpg

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod015.jpg

This should be enough to loosen if you are just adjusting the bumper but you may need to loosen the following too.

The 3 screws on top of bumper

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod011.jpg

Then you can adjust without twisting the bumper.

If you wish to remove bumper then you will need to remove the following too.

2 Bolt's behind the bumper grills (bumper grills just pull out)

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod012.jpg

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod013.jpg

2 screws underneath bumper(not all VRS have these)

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod014.jpg

and both of the wheel arch liners have screws hold to the bumper

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod007.jpg

SkodaVRSFMICBumpermod009.jpg

dejavu :yes:

Hi Luca buddy. I know these get everywhere don't they :giggle:

Saves me starting all over from stratch..

My mrs states i have more phot's of the car than the kids.... :giggle:

hi matey,

lol, i know what you mean about the pics, am always too lazy or covered in dirt to take lots of pics all the way through, good guide by the way! :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures, there sooo useful.

I've been playing around with it, messed around with both sides and the ones visable when the bonnet is open but I was just logging on to see where the front the front fixes are, but you already shown me. It seems that the bumper moves up and down at the passenger corner, so guessing this fixing under the grill is damaged. I have managed to get it a bit closer though but no where good enough. I will pull the grills off, as you show in your pics, and play with that in the daylight. Also, I have a metal plate acting like a big washer on the sides, yours doesn't seem to have that??

I really appreciate the pictures, thanks. :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

why do you have that grill in the back of IC? :wonder:

I want one too!!! :p

The grill came from a Audi TT wheel arch liner and is used to allow warm air from the IC to escape and help prevent heat soak ( it needed modding a bit to fit.

No good for me now as I have a FMIC. :giggle: