Cracked Paint

Hearny

The paint on the two roof chanels has started to crack. I had the car at the dealers today and they have taken photos. They said that it is movement in the car and it has flexible filler between roof in these chanels.

They also went onto the forecourt and checked some used cars and a few had the same problem. They have said that they will contact Skoda and get it done under warrenty. It will be a 5 day job and i was asked if I wanted it done (why would I not ?????)

Anyone else got or had this issue.

I have the same problem on my Mk2 Octavia in the same place. I posted about it in the Octy 2 section (search didn't find this post). Out of warranty unfortunately but I'm going to see what the dealer says about the situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The paint on the two roof chanels has started to crack. I had the car at the dealers today and they have taken photos. They said that it is movement in the car and it has flexible filler between roof in these chanels.

They also went onto the forecourt and checked some used cars and a few had the same problem. They have said that they will contact Skoda and get it done under warrenty. It will be a 5 day job and i was asked if I wanted it done (why would I not ?????)

Anyone else got or had this issue.

Hi, I know the post is old. I recently took over a Fabia with the exact same cracks in the roof channels. Unfortunately it is 5 years old and since it wasn't reported to the dealer in time they won't cover it under warranty. They don't directly deny that its a fabrication fault, but they won't do anything about it either :(

Hi, I know the post is old. I recently took over a Fabia with the exact same cracks in the roof channels. Unfortunately it is 5 years old and since it wasn't reported to the dealer in time they won't cover it under warranty. They don't directly deny that its a fabrication fault, but they won't do anything about it either :(

Did u not just say they appeared 'this morning' or is it clear they've been there a while?