Horn

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can give me a clue in where to look regarding my faulty horn!

It has stopped working completely, I have checked the fuse and it's ok and I can hear a relay behind the fuses clicking when I press the wheel. After searching the forum I have found out there is a horn both sides of the bumper - I assume ( mother of all ) it would be unlikely for both to go faulty.

Any ideas to save me from the dealers ?

Regards

Roger.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to mine but only after the airbag light came on :wall: , plugged vagcom in and it was the Squib ring on the steering wheel, £35 from TPS fitted erase airbag light and HONK HONK working again. could be worth a look at.

Mine has developed a fault as well, the low note has packed up so all I get now is a rather apologetic squeak. however the bumper is coming off shortly to replace timing belt so I will investigate then.

Maybe I can put in a little question as well.

The horn on my superb 03 feels very weird compaired to other cars I've driven..

The sound feels very low.. Pretty high frequency so you need a bit of volume to pump it up.. I need to tune down the volume of my stereo to hear the horn when I use it..

I dont have any error messages in the car that tells me there is anything wrong.

Are the horns of the superb built that way? Maybe I will change the original one with a trailer horn in a time:P