What fault code reader

Looking into a cheaper alternative to ross tech so what reader is best for a mk1 octavia tdi pd 130 04 plate,got a budget arond 150quid but could go abit more for right item.

Quite like the AUTEL Maxidiag ScanTool EU702 as it covers afew makes but is it comp with the mk1 diesel anything else out there which is comparable.

Looking into a cheaper alternative to ross tech so what reader is best for a mk1 octavia tdi pd 130 04 plate,got a budget arond 150quid but could go abit more for right item.

Quite like the AUTEL Maxidiag ScanTool EU702 as it covers afew makes but is it comp with the mk1 diesel anything else out there which is comparable.

My brother bought one of these for under £90 and it is perfectly good for what he needs it for.

In case you don't already know please allow me to explain. European On Board Diagnostics (EOBD) or known as OBD II in the United States is a common standard by which all petrol engine cars and light vans from 1 January 2001, and all diesel engine cars and light vans from 1 January 2004 must comply. All such vehicles intended for use in the UK must have a standard 16 pin connector, and it must be easily accessible from the drivers seat without the necessity to use any tools to reach it. Standard EOBD fault codes are used, and are the same on every compliant vehicle. Be aware though that the EOBD standard applies to engine emission related faults and data only. It does not apply to Transmission, Body, Chassis or any other data, so please do not be disappointed when you find you cannot access the ABS or Airbag module with your new scantool. The good news is it should work on just about any EOBD compliant vehicle making it very versatile. However, it will not be anywhere near as comprehensive as VCDS is on a VAG vehicle.

If you want a scantool specifically for your car then VCDS is just about the best on the market.....

I paid a little bit more, but got one of these which I keep in the car...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AUDI-Diagnostic-Fault-Reader-U281/dp/B001C9V89A/ref=sr_1_3/278-8584133-8565605?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282908159&sr=1-3

Did me fine diagnosing a faulty coolant temp sensor on my car, a fault MAP sensor on SWMBO's and a misfire on a friend's Picasso...

I paid a little bit more, but got one of these which I keep in the car...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AUDI-Diagnostic-Fault-Reader-U281/dp/B001C9V89A/ref=sr_1_3/278-8584133-8565605?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282908159&sr=1-3

Did me fine diagnosing a faulty coolant temp sensor on my car, a fault MAP sensor on SWMBO's and a misfire on a friend's Picasso...

Has anyone tried one of these on the Ocy VRS?