Help - 07 Octavia Estate - can't open rear hatch

Just returned from holiday with a bootfull of luggage, but can't open the rear tailgate. I can hear the motor trying to move the latch, but it sounds stuck. I do find that it needs a good firm slam to close properly and thoughf maybe a bit of extra weight holding down the hatch would free it up. but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions before I take to the Skoda man round the corner?

Cheers

Same thing happened to me last year - see this thread for how I resolved it: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/152953-help-me-my-boot-wont-open/page__p__1900222__hl__help%20boot%20won%27t%20open__fromsearch__1entry1900222

Fortunately my boot was empty when the problem occured. To get to the boot release mechanism I'm afraid you are going to have to get all your holiday gear out of your boot somehow!

Thanks for speedy reply - seems to have done the trick, just the problem of unpacking all the camping gear and putting it away :S

We covered 1500 miles in France, car drove like a dream even when packed to bursting - diesel at 90p a litre. Even better when we discovered the air conditioned glove compartment!