New Intercooler (PICS)

Fair comment, everyone has their own view on what they would find acceptable, I am just offering a balanced opinon based purely on experience. If we had hundreds of pounds spare there is no way we would use it either ;) . You are right, of course there's no way you will get purged welds at that price, but the couple of small cracks we have repaired haven't been on the welds either :) . But if what you are wanting is something that works, then yes it does, 400bhp at 1.4bar is just fine for what we need. You pay your money and take your choice, the choices of tubular manifolds will be £800+ and Bill's more like £1100 :D our budget wasn't stretching that far.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking at these turbos a little bit more now i have found where to get them cheap, do you know what flange is used for the downpipe GSR do not state that in the discription

I know where I can get them cheap too........ ;)

Not sure what GSR do to the standard turbos though. I'm guessing they fiddle with wheel trims. The turbine housing outlets depend on application, so could be anything. If it's a housing that uses an adapter plate, then you can make it fit whatever you want obviously. I'm sure GSR will recommend something.

You can have a machined from solid titanium compressor wheel if you really want to! Only really used in harsh applications though, as the extra mass reduces transient response. Bombproof mind! You also have the option of MFS or cast aluminium compressor wheels.

well i have sent an email away to them to try to find out a little more and the link to the manifold above works with my 4x4 too so its looking promising to me.

what are you doing about oil/water lines then? pirtek to the rescue maybe

nice, so minimal lag, what kind of rpm can these start to spool at?

price is def good......whats the downside....

Bodge, when you gonna get one one your car then?

just to clarify....what manni do these use,

and at £450 a pop.....why are we not using them?????

i honestly dont know why these are not more common than they are, maybe a scene thing that noone has progressed onto yet.

the manifold is up a few posts and is even haldex friendly :thumbup: failing that any t3 manifold 1.8t suitable would work.

the downside is there are so many options when ordering them many people dont actually know what they mean so stick with what everyone else use's.

the other downside is i cant dig up much info for vag aplications so not sure what to do about water and oil lines nor flanges/acctuators etc...

ill be looking into this alot as the pricing and the capablities of these turbos make them a winner B)

Edited by boomsly

im with you, would happily try them for the money they are talking....

http://www.ctsturbo.com/products/CTS_1_8T_T3_Turbo_Manifold-153-0.html these ones?

the gs-r website does not give much info on the lines etc,

also i wonder if any of our tuners on here have mapped a 20vt with one of these on....maybe ben has at shark?

well its worth a punt people are making huge power on them on many different marques, imo making more power with comparable spool to a the garrett equivilent is a winner.

yeah thats the manifold, i am eyeballing for me :yes:

yes there are a few us manis for that kind of price, however need to be aware of us mani fitting issues,

ina engineering do a high flow mani, will check to see if he offers a t3 flange, dont see why not tho.

Am liking this idea tho, as long as they spool quickly enough.....have emailed them for more info anyway!

will post in new thread once i know!

http://www.thsperformance.co.uk/product/VW|Audi_1.8T_T3_Series_Flange_THSCMA-18T-T3

http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/products/KINETIC_MOTORSPORT_VW_AUDI_1_8T_T3_TURBO_MANIFOLD-922-0.html

Edited by sweedish

er thats a no no without some serious work, course it can be done, but would negate the point of this type of conversion by costing lots to do.

Ina am sure do rhd manifolds....