How many UK Yeti sales?

jeep

Is there a figure for UK sales? Still seems a very rare beast on the roads despite a mainly good press for Skoda and the Yeti - and also reasonable starting prices.

I would guess it is in the region of 3000-4000, the annual target was 3000 and I guess they will exceed that by the end of the frst year of sales. Bear in mind I don't see other XFs that often either, and there are around 25000 of those in the UK!

Mark

There are 19,000 Audi A2s in the UK. My record for A2s seen in one day is 13. My average over the last 9 years is about 5 a week I'd say. Guess that puts the Yeti sightings into perspective. Give it a few years and we will of course see more of them.

Most new model Skodas seem quite rare and then one day you realise that there are actually a few about.

When I bought my Octavia 2 Estate I thought that I was the only one in the country, then my wife found the same when she bought her Roomster. Now both of these are frequently seen.

It won't be long before the Yeti seems a more common siight. There are quite a few waiting for tomorrow's new registration and quite a few demonstrators will be released on to the 'used' market at the same time.

It took a couple of months to see another Yeti after I bought mine but now I see one at least every other day.

I had heard that the original 2010 UK allocation of Yetis had been sold back in May but cannot recall the numbers. The main Czech Skoda website has reports on sales numbers in English (not the UK site as that can't even cope with describing the cars accurately yet :no: )

I don't know about UK sales, but here in Denmark, there have been 116 Yetis registered in 2009 and up to the end of July 2010. Some of these are demo's registered by dealers, maybe 20 or so.

With a population about 1/10th of Britain, this is a relatively low number, probably caused by our extremely high excise tax on cars and a stigma associated with 4WD vehicles. Another factor is that there is no real need for 4WD in general, as winters usually do not produce lots of snow and the roads are generally flat and reasonably well maintained.