Intermittent scraping noise

I have an intermittent scraping noise from the front wheel, definitely something catching a brake disc although for a while today it sounded like a tin can being kicked along.

It cost me an hours labour at the garage today, thought they'd eventually cracked it by tightening the hub nut but it's back again. I can hear it usually at low speed ( 0-20mph) and sometimes around 30-40mph and despite me being adamant that it was front o/s wheel, now I'm not so sure. These are new discs and pads (2000 miles ago) - applying brakes doesn't have any effect, nor does cornering. There's no pull to left or right.

Looking on the internet, I'm starting to think it must be a stone or something behind the disc, seems a common problem with some cars - does this include the Octavia? Is it straightforward to access behind the disks myself or would they need to be removed to check. I park on a fairly narrow road and removing the wheels is a bit of a pain.

Sure it's the front?

Had this a couple of times but it's always been the rears. Quiet road and a good welly in reverse cured the second occurrence. First time needed a screwdriver to flick out the stone.

Yep mine is the rear too, some farm track driving oftne causes it and the reverse trick usually stops the noise, having said that it is normally started by a reverse move!

Edited by fireftrm