Maybe I am just a softie - do you love your Roomie?

Broomster

Do you love your Roomster?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Roomie your favourite car?

• Yes. I have had a few other cars I liked but I really have a soft spot for the Roomie
    • No, but I do like it. However I have had some other cars that I liked more
    • No, its really a bit of a disappointment. I have owned far better cars

My other favourite car is my still running old '98 1.4 Petrol Polo (170.000 km and no problems at all). But the roomy is very, very smart...first, has a wonderful colour name: cappuccino :giggle:

Hi everyone,I wonder whether at 74 I am the oldest roomster owner, Like many other older drivers I have had a range of cars from a 1938 Morris 8 (my first car) to Honda CRV as well as large company cars. BUt now we are on our 2nd |Roomster this one is a Scout 1.2TSI 105BHP, the previous one was a 1.9 TDI sadly an engine no longer available. My wife persuaded me to buy our first roomie a 56 reg and again to change it for the current one a 61 reg. Of all the cars we have had this without doubt is the most practical car ever, and we would and have recommended Roomsters to several people and know for a fact that 2 bought them. We love them

Andy

I voted for the middle option, as though it is my current top-favorite personally owned car, i did test drive an Octavia Vrs and am itching to be able to afford it :)

It is a very practical car. Easy to get stuff in and out of including J5 jnr. Swallows up loads of kit for camping and great for trips to IKEA emoticon-0148-yes.gif

How do you get the front seat to go down so far? I manage to get mine into roughly a 45 degree angle but then it seems to lock in place and haven't been able to make it lay flat. That would be the icing on the cake for carrying furniture next week

For the job it is designed to do the Roomy is a very good car. (Roomy by name, Roomy by nature). It is one of the few cars SWMBO can sit in the back of and not get travel sick due to the large windows and sunroof. However when compared to other cars it does wallow round corners and is not the fastest mover.

In terms of other cars:

Best engine noise, Honda VTEC reaching the 8k red line, Civic VT-ti

Car you forgive any issues with, as you love it when you look at it, Fiat barchetta

Car with Tardis like interior, for exterior dimensions, the Roomy with the last generation Toyota Verso running a close second.

Great for driver involvement, Mazda MX5.

Best fun at low speeds, Ford Ka (the original shape) great little car.

I have to say the Roomy with the 1.2 TSI and 7 speed DSG is a great package and I do feel like I enjoy driving again having moved from the Verso which wasn't the most involving car to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been a roomster owner for 2 weeks,absolutely love it,excellence in every way. It is a 1.6 16v petrol. Looking foreword to giving it a long run. This is my 5th Skoda.