This is what nosiness gets you.....

PastyBoy

Many times did my mother tell me nosiness was a bad trait but did i listen.

Following a visit to our impending new-build new home we noticed that next door had already completed and moved in - "Oh lets have a peer through the window whilst driving past - what's the worst that can happen"

Well it might not be the absolute worst thing but while looking at 90 degrees out of the passenger window i failed to remember/observe/pay attention to my course of travel and the curve of the road ahead.

Uh oh curb!!

The noise/crunch/sound of desintergrating metal was like a bomb going off!

(The noise in a proper actual collision between cars must be deafening!!)

While i had clunked curbs while parking never have I clobbered one at (relative) speed and nor have i collided with one in a on going housing project where they haven't finished the road surface and the curbs are at least 8 inches tall!

Bugger!

SN850462.jpg

SN850463.jpg

SN850464.jpg

SN850465.jpg

SN850466.jpg

Any one got one 16" Spider hanging about? :thumbdown:

and on a positive note, atleast it wasnt a person/animal

On an even more positive note the whack to the suspension has righted some of the pulling to the left that i've been suffering :rofl:

Another positive note, now you have an excuse to powder-coat it :thumbup: Otherwise people may think you REALLY can't park :giggle:

Well he cant park :giggle:

- Should never try and park on a bend

- and you should not be doing 30 when you try and park :giggle:

Id Say fix it and powdercoat :thumbup:

Well he cant park :giggle:

- Should never try and park on a bend

- and you should not be doing 30 when you try and park :giggle:

Id Say fix it and powdercoat :thumbup:

I HAVE parked once before on the street and having clocked the giant curbs I was about a foot into the road.

Parking into curbs i can accept - driving into them not so much!

I'm awaiting my moron lincence to be returned with the extra points on it! :D

Easily done Cliff. We all get distracted from time to time.

It's human nature. Glad the damage wasn't too mega.

Could have been a costly one that....

Main thing is nobody was hurt. :thumbup:

On an even more positive note the whack to the suspension has righted some of the pulling to the left that i've been suffering :rofl:

haha! should make for interesting tracking when you go for that doing! least its not too bad...happens to best of us mate :)

Glad the damage wasn't too mega.

you think i'd have learned from when i nosed into a space and nearly lost my cupra splitter!

While i'm gutted that i singled out a wheel to ram into the curb had i destroyed a brand new P Zero Nero it'd have been much more costly.

Or alternatively had the angle been slightly different i'd have ripped the front bumper off!!

Aw man, Really not having a good month with the motor are you?

As for the noise of cars colliding... it's surprisingly tin can being crushed like, not the big crash you'd expect.

Or, at least that's more what it was like when a clio parked in my boot.

What you need Cliff mate is about 12 spare wheels, Ed style ;)

Yeah that's the kicker.

I had a spare set for months and did nothing. a few weeks after selling them i do that! Typical!

Aw man, Really not having a good month with the motor are you?

As for the noise of cars colliding... it's surprisingly tin can being crushed like, not the big crash you'd expect.

Or, at least that's more what it was like when a clio parked in my boot.

Yeah after 2 years the shine is started to be beaten out of the car :(

Ah well must be a sign that it's time to search for a younger fresher model ;)

Ah well must be a sign that it's time to search for a younger fresher model ;)

Or a good excuse to not have to keep the thing so "standard" to retain value.. In a way it's quite freeing...

but my list of modifications is already long and i like the standard look ;)

I still plan to get to the stage where i can afford a new car and not part-ex the Fabia but strip it to a diesel race car B)

Edited by PastyBoy

Ah, bad times...easy done though. I have to admit to driving while tired and angry (therefore distracted) and while approaching a tight left-hand uphill turnoff, turned in too early and made my rear Evolo a bit more frilly :'( I was properly kicking myself. A refurb is on the cards.

update for you:

today SWMBO had to avoid a wide load on her route to work and stuffed the same wheel into another massive kerb damaging another 4 spokes of the same spider

In the same manouver she also managed to clobber the rear wheel on the same kerb!

looks like i'll be needed 2 new rims rather than 1 :(

Bad times!!

update for you:

today SWMBO had to avoid a wide load on her route to work and stuffed the same wheel into another massive kerb damaging another 4 spokes of the same spider

In the same manouver she also managed to clobber the rear wheel on the same kerb!

Bad times!!

Jeez man, not having much luck on the rim front at the moment eh?

update for you:

Bad times!!

Lummox noticed my wheels after pullign the same manouver to avoid a combine earlier in the week. All of mine are buggered now - having spacers on there doesnt help tho with the sticking outyness but I like her fat a$$.

I once used a curb as a brake in the snow when I had the old wheels on - that was not pretty