HELP! My rear wiper arm is rusted on!

Aaquil

Oh no!!! That's why I try to stick to dead easy stuff...I was going to fit the driver side window regulator and motor myself using my new shiney 'Halfrauds' socket set. I then got the second hand parts from a seller hear who is 'breaking' his VRS. Needless to say saw all the rods and wires attached and lost my bottle. My mechanic friend in Rochdale will be kindly be fitting it for me!

Oh no!!! That's why I try to stick to dead easy stuff...I was going to fit the driver side window regulator and motor myself using my new shiney 'Halfrauds' socket set. I then got the second hand parts from a seller hear who is 'breaking' his VRS. Needless to say saw all the rods and wires attached and lost my bottle. My mechanic friend in Rochdale will be kindly be fitting it for me!

:giggle: Best start with the simple stuff first!! :rofl:

The story so far...got the puller delivered today. Right ready for action? Not! damn thing would ot come off. So got my trusted junior hacksaw blade cut off the plastic part of the wiper arm to expose the metal ring that goes over the spindle then carefully cut right through the ring and finally pulled off the ring off the spindle...pure relief!!!

Fitted on Skoda wiper arm, blade and cap. Put a thin coating around spindle and thread. All fitted nicely and working good.

If you have lost your cap off your wiper (rear one) check it out before it gets rusted on. It is not good fun getting the damn thing off!

Edited by Aaquil

My worst moment of DIY mechanics was when I over tightened the bolt on the fuel filter of my diesel Orion (must have been around 1994?). It sheared off, the bottom dropped off the fuel filter, dumping diesel all over the gearbox housing. To make matters worse, I had just thought I'd "nip it up a bit" while the engine was running, so it stopped pretty quickly when the filter fell off!!!!

As these things always are, it was 4pm on a Saturday and luckily there was someone still at the local Ford garage. They charged me £20 for a new bolt and filter bottom (the rest of the bolt was still in the old one) and boy, was I relieved to get it running again!!!

I know someone else who used the "tried and trusted" (ahem) method of getting an oil filter off - sticking a screwdriver through it. Completely ruined the filter, still didn't get it off, and then couldn't drive it anywhere to get it sorted!!!!emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Its all cool and working fine and looking good with the cap and all...new and shiney. No one needs to know okay! Anyway I fitted a new panel filter, did throttle body clean and rear wiper it all by myself not bad for a super novice...MR FILTER.

Look for an evening course at your local college. I did one earlier this year for £60 for ten 2-hour sessions, where you could do anything on your car you needed to do, as long as it could be done in 2 hours. I did loads and saved a fortune!