2010 Ring Trip

Tibbs

My writeup is going to go in here (together with pictures), but to keep you guys going here is a link to my 2nd ever Nurburgring lap.

3rd (slightly more aggressive) Lap to follow later on...

Edited by Tibbs

Think you might need a proper camera mount next time :yes:

Glad you had fun :thumbup:

Was tonnes of fun - my plan next time (after I get the coolant leak, bearings and battery sorted) is to cable tie a camera to the front valance somewhere - probably behind one of the removable vents - and another on a suction mount affair on the middle of the dash.

Yep, there's some decent cheap eBay cameras that would do the job on the front - think mine was £15 and the quality is remarkably good for the price :thumbup:

For the interior it just needs to be somewhere that'll minimise vibration as much as possible. The best I've seen are bars that attach by suckers to each side rear window, then the bar adjusts in the middle, and there's a mount there to pop the camera on. Think a few of the guys on here have them.

Only once you've tried it do you realise how difficult it is to keep the camera steady and looking the right way, while on track :D

Steve

That was a pretty close call with the Porsche Boxter! :o:D

Where's the lap where we were chasing what we thought was a new Fabia VRS (turned out to be a 1.2 HTP :rofl: )

Thanks for putting this up - it was a good laugh. I'm still amazed both cars managed the trip there and back and the laps considering their combined mileage was about 280,000 :rofl:

Let us know how you get on with the wheel bearings, battery and coolant. Simon reckons his exhaust is blowing too :( so that as well as the brakes to sort out. He's also still got your Germany road atlas!

Don't forget to check for photos of your car on Google, they will probably have some from this weekend posted up in a week or so.

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Good pace notes, reassuring when you have track cars coming up fast. Makes you think about that German lass< Sabine Schmitz .> .who works there 10 min dead in a transit

I think it becomes less intimidating after a few laps, helps having brakes tho! I also think that overconfidence leads to certain death! :o Scary scary place. Yes I have your Map Chris, give it to ya on the next meet. Where did you get the idea of the camera cable tied to the front valance? Sounds like pure genius................... :giggle::rofl:

I was thinking about how to make a better film and being able to cut between 2 cameras would be great. Having it mounted low down would add to the sense of speed. I may also see if I can add some music to these ones as well - maybe the theme to Dukes of Hazzard? :rofl: