Central locking trouble

compostman

Hi I need some help/advice.

I have 2003 1.2 Fabia Classic. Yesterday the central locking on the rear near side door failed leaving the door permanently LOCKED. Have tried various combinations of locking/unlocking other doors but it refuses to budge.

Any ideas, bearing in mind that I can't get the door open to fiddle with its innards.

All (sensible) suggestions gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Compo

Assuming the child locks aren't engaged and also

assuming it isn't deadlocked too wouldn't two pulls on the internal handle open the door?

Or does that just work on the fronts?

Edited by grr666

Hi I need some help/advice.

I have 2003 1.2 Fabia Classic. Yesterday the central locking on the rear near side door failed leaving the door permanently LOCKED. Have tried various combinations of locking/unlocking other doors but it refuses to budge.

Any ideas, bearing in mind that I can't get the door open to fiddle with its innards.

All (sensible) suggestions gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Compo

I have exactly the same problem.. Same car/model/year, same door. I've tried fiddling with the plastic contacts in the door frame at the back of the front door - no joy yet. I'll keep trying.

Steve

Edited by Steve Milward

I have exactly the same problem.. Same car/model/year, same door. I've tried fiddling with the plastic contacts in the door frame at the back of the front door - no joy yet. I'll keep trying.

Steve

Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope we both get sorted soon.

Sorry to hear that Steve. Hope we both get sorted soon.

Hi guys,

Same problem 2004/1.4 16V Fabia. Left rear door been stuck for months now. I don't really use the rear doors so I haven't actually taken it to the garage to see what could be done, but it was very frustrating trying everything i know how to see if I could get it to budge but no luck as yet. But if you guys do get it open i'd be curious to hear how you guys did it.

Have either of you tried pulling the interior handle at the same time as the exterior handle? You may need an assistant to help with one side, or you could reach out the window if your flexible enough. It may take a few goes to get it right.

I believe you need to lift both handles up at the same time if the child lock AND the central locking override lock are engaged, these can both be turned off by turning the plastic screws on each of the rear doors once they are open. All this is in the Skoda manual, anyway I hope it helps and that it's the solution to both of your problems! Please let us know how you get on...

I take it my post above about pulling both handles at the same time didn't help you?

hi i have a fabia vrs 53 and the passenger rear drivers side wont open.. been stuck for a few months, i reckon got stuck when a passenger was pulling whilst i was openingwith central locking.

ive tried pulling both handles at the same time, the child locks are on definetley, not sure about deadlocks any other suggestions?

do you think skoda garage time? the local garage said the plastics needed taken off the door and as they couldnt open the door they said they would have to rip the plastics off and buy new ones, i thought this was a bit brutal and said to them to leave it. i need the 5 doors got a 4 year old and newborn.

hi i have a fabia vrs 53 and the passenger rear drivers side wont open.. been stuck for a few months, i reckon got stuck when a passenger was pulling whilst i was openingwith central locking.

ive tried pulling both handles at the same time, the child locks are on definetley, not sure about deadlocks any other suggestions?

do you think skoda garage time? the local garage said the plastics needed taken off the door and as they couldnt open the door they said they would have to rip the plastics off and buy new ones, i thought this was a bit brutal and said to them to leave it. i need the 5 doors got a 4 year old and newborn.

Hi, I just got this fixed about 2 months ago, I managed to get the door cards/trim off myself without breaking it. Despite that, the mechanic did tell me getting the door open was an absolute b@stard of a job.

I got charged £80 labour, £90 for a new locking mechanism, so pile on VAT and I was £200 quid lighter.

The garage I used was (I hope this is not against rules, I am not affiliated with this business):

Paisley VW Centre

1 Mackean St

Paisley

PA3 1QP

0141-887-1387

Hi, I just got this fixed about 2 months ago, I managed to get the door cards/trim off myself without breaking it. Despite that, the mechanic did tell me getting the door open was an absolute b@stard of a job.

I got charged £80 labour, £90 for a new locking mechanism, so pile on VAT and I was £200 quid lighter.

The garage I used was (I hope this is not against rules, I am not affiliated with this business):

Paisley VW Centre

1 Mackean St

Paisley

PA3 1QP

0141-887-1387

ouch 200 wow did you not try skoda in city centre first? guess it needs to be done just had 200 for service and other work plus have to get tyres.... an expensive month.

ouch 200 wow did you not try skoda in city centre first? guess it needs to be done just had 200 for service and other work plus have to get tyres.... an expensive month.

No I didn't try any other establishment (is it Henry's you are referring to?), before I got the Skoda I used a local mechanic for most things but he doesn't have diagnostic equipment and hates modern electrics with a passion, so when a couple of winters ago my rear washer pipe split, leaked onto the boot locking mechanism and sent my alarm haywire I was in a tight spot and more or less happened upon the VW Centre in the yellow pages. I've used them ever since.

I did check the section in here http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/55-skoda-dealers-in-scotland/ but reviews of most places were mixed to say the least, there was one guy that seemed to get good feedback but he's down Ayr way, which was just too far for routine stuff.

Edited by weezb

No I didn't try any other establishment (is it Henry's you are referring to?), before I got the Skoda I used a local mechanic for most things but he doesn't have diagnostic equipment and hates modern electrics with a passion, so when a couple of winters ago my rear washer pipe split, leaked onto the boot locking mechanism and sent my alarm haywire I was in a tight spot and more or less happened upon the VW Centre in the yellow pages. I've used them ever since.

I did check the section in here http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/55-skoda-dealers-in-scotland/ but reviews of most places were mixed to say the least, there was one guy that seemed to get good feedback but he's down Ayr way, which was just too far for routine stuff.

cool got it sorted sticks a wee bit now and again gave the carrige a band from exterior whilst locking and unlocking finally caught and opened had to pull panel off thou and carrige.(missing 2 screws thanks skoda city centre glasgow(they done my carrirers thats just lazy)) to unstick the locking bit with plenty of grease pretty much sorted and i replaced the screws also well my cousin did in his garage i did help thou ha. didnt cost me wehey.

cars running so well since service and front bushes replaced and bearing and 2 tyres balanced and tracking so tight and pulling nice. few we bits done and showroom condition :) still resisted chip and tune for how long................or upgrade to octavia RS.

Hi Guys.

I did try pulling both handles at the same time but no cigar, my child lock isn't on. i will try giving the door as hard a bang as I can without denting it while locking/unlocking and see if I have any luck.