Sensor to work Speedo

I got told that this was a speed sensor on the top of the gearbox, I went into Alex Lawrie in Liverpool yesterday to order this, the parts guy was helpful and printed off a full breakdown of the gearbox for me and priced the sensor, but he also advised me too check that it was defo this as he thought that was a drive sensor. So I'm just wondering if anyone could confirm that it is this sensor or maybe its run off a ABS sensor or the likes instead. Could do with this sorting asap as its annoying not having a working speedo and having to look at the sat nav all the time

Thanks in advance

Adam

I got told that this was a speed sensor on the top of the gearbox, I went into Alex Lawrie in Liverpool yesterday to order this, the parts guy was helpful and printed off a full breakdown of the gearbox for me and priced the sensor, but he also advised me too check that it was defo this as he thought that was a drive sensor. So I'm just wondering if anyone could confirm that it is this sensor or maybe its run off a ABS sensor or the likes instead. Could do with this sorting asap as its annoying not having a working speedo and having to look at the sat nav all the time

Thanks in advance

Adam

Haynes Manual says speedo transducer is used on all models. It is mounted on the transmission in a location that varies with model. Also used as a sensor for road speed input to ECU on some models.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hi Adam,

Pull the coresponding fuse first, could be the instrument cluster.

See my "Fuse panel layout" post.

Rory

Thanks pal will have a look at that when i go out too the car in a bit, the rest of clocks work etc, and the mileage display comes up too, its simply just the needle doesnt move once moving, it also comes up diagnostics that its the speed sensor.

Adam