WEEK 40! WOO HOO!

Sorry for shouting in the title but FINALLY my build week has come!!!

Order placed: June 11th

Order confirmed: June 23rd (WTF?? dunno what happened there)

Provisional build week: week 37

Confirmed build week: week 40

So fingers crossed it'll be rolling off the line by friday and we should have it by the beginning of November.

Octavia VRS hatch; CR 170; Race Blue Metallic; Rear parking sensors; full size spare - very few options so dont know why its taken so long?

We were told at time of order that average wait was 8-12 weeks so 21 weeks from start to ETA seems a bit much but it doesn't matter now!!!!

Cant wait to start running it in and shredding some front rubber!!!

Likewise build week 40 (was originally 41); order placed with dealer 19th May.

However, my dealer very quiet of late so don't know if no news good news or if he's simply keeping his head down...

If delayed then hope week 45 or (slightly) later as new soundproofing supposed to commence from that week.

Will let you know...

|

|

|

|

|

Further to my last.............

'Phoned dealer just now, my curiosity getting better of me, to be told that reason all gone quiet is due "lack of confirmed build week"...WTF says I!!!

"Provisionallly week 45" says he.

Moral of the story - be careful what you wish for...

Edited by Rab-k

Likewise build week 40 (was originally 41); order placed with dealer 19th May.

However, my dealer very quiet of late so don't know if no news good news or if he's simply keeping his head down...

If delayed then hope week 45 or (slightly) later as new soundproofing supposed to commence from that week.

Will let you know...

|

|

|

|

|

Further to my last.............

'Phoned dealer just now, my curiosity getting better of me, to be told that reason all gone quiet is due "lack of confirmed build week"...WTF says I!!!

"Provisionallly week 45" says he.

Moral of the story - be careful what you wish for...

Ouch, looks like Santa's gonna be hand delivering your car then...?

Just spoken to me dealer, Russell from Caffyns in Tonbridge, Kent. He said car was built 4th Oct and was shipped yesterday so all being well, should have it by early part of next week!!! What a wait, gonna be worth it tho!!!

Hope you enjoy it mate. Mine used to be on build-week 40......found out today I'm now on 46 :(

OUCH! This has been 19 weeks start to finish but totally worth it!!