Boot won't open

My boot won't open! The handle and key fob are working and on removing the plastic trim surround from the inside I can see the motorised catch moving. However, the boot lock doesn't seem to be releasing completely as the boot pops open a few mm but you can feel it still on the latch.

I've looked at the release catch carefully and the motorised lever looks bent, can anyone confirm if it should be like that? Also the catch seems to sometimes get stuck on the orange boot "trigger" catch (the one you manually press to open boot).The boot does release fine when releasing manually by pressing the orange catch. It's almost like the motorised lever isn't pushing the orange catch far enough? Everything has been doused in wd40. Really want to get this sorted quickly and cheaply! Any ideas?

I saw that and it is a different problem, my remote mechanism works but the lock doesn't fully disengage...

Yes, it is the same problem that I mentioned. I can open the boot if I press the lid in, squeeze the handle and operate the remote switch at the same time.

Fixed it - for the record, I think i'd shut the boot awkwardly or forced it down against its will as I had a lot of stuff in the back. Basically the remote trigger catch had got bent and was slipping over the orange boot catch. Carefully bent flat again and it is fully releasing again. Job done! :thumbup: