Some questions COMBI - tech&conv

jj99

First, let me say hi to all of you! Since last week I am a new owner of Superb Combi, 2,0, 170, DGS. The car is amazing, and I am really satisfied with it and happy that I decided to pick it, after looong process of buying a new car.

Now, I have a couple of questions, that I hope you will be able to help me with:

1. Exterior mirrors in reverse: is it possible to enable also the ext.mirror on the driver's side to lower when switching to reverse gear?

2. Bluetooth&Phone: I already found out the problem with my HTC Desire & Skoda is incompatibility of bluetooth protocol (Skoda uses rSAP, Desire doesn't) (I guess I have GSM III premium, columbus nav+radio). The service guy told me I could stop by and they will try to change some settings in VAG-COM, as the HTC Desire should be on the list of compatible devices. This is strange to me, does anyone know if this is possible?

3. Is there any useful/cool featuere that can be enabled via VAG-COM?

4. What kind of roof rack (bars) do you use? Original Skoda Superb, Thule, ...?

Thanks for your help, tips, ideas!

Best regards to all of you!

1) dont think its possible, as the only reason the passenger side dips is so that you can see the kerb when parking.

2) No android based phone can connect the RSAP based GSMIII system, since android does not support the protocol.

1) dont think its possible, as the only reason the passenger side dips is so that you can see the kerb when parking.

2) No android based phone can connect the RSAP based GSMIII system, since android does not support the protocol.

1) don't think it's possible

2) sorry mannyo but...some androids can.... Samsung Galaxy S can for example... The car needs a hardware change to support hfp.

2) sorry mannyo but...some androids can.... Samsung Galaxy S can for example... The car needs a hardware change to support hfp.

4. What kind of roof rack (bars) do you use? Original Skoda Superb, Thule, ...?

I'll be using my Thule rack I've had since 2003. I've been lucky as the feet have been compatible with the roof rails on both the VW Passat and Honda Accord estates I've had, as well as the Superb I'm waiting for. I just needed longer bars when the Passat was swapped to the Accord; the same length bar is required for the Superb Estate.

The current equivalent are Thule Rapid System 757 feet with Thule 761 Square Bar @ £90 including locks (http://www.roofracks.co.uk/fitments/skoda_superb_est.htm). The prettier Thule 861 Aero Bars raise the price to £120, but this is still £40 cheaper than the Skoda equivalent (http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=3T9019110) which I am 95% sure is made by Thule anyway.

Best regards

David

My HTC Desire connects perfectly using hfp. Built post June 2010. Don't know why you would need settings changed. Unless the spec is different to UK.

Got a Bluetooth toggle switch on home page. Just got to remember to toggle on before switching ignition on. Otherwise it's a no-no.

My HTC Desire connects perfectly using hfp. Built post June 2010. Don't know why you would need settings changed. Unless the spec is different to UK.

Got a Bluetooth toggle switch on home page. Just got to remember to toggle on before switching ignition on. Otherwise it's a no-no.

Lucky you! I will stop at the service guy tomorrow to see if they can manage somenting in VAG.

Another question: Does Parking Assistant work on both sides of the vehicle? I think only the passenger's side is scanning for available spot...

Thanks and kind regards!

Nothing in VAG will turn a rSAP only (2010 model cars) into a rSAP and HFP (2011 model) it's Hardware...

Park Assist works on both sides, you need to indicate it to work on the right...

Al.

You use the indicators.. Ie, press the park assist button, then leave the right indicator on when you are passing the bay and away you go... The display also changes sides on the dash...

thanks for the tip. wondering why is not included in the manual... obviously user has to figure out some things by himself.

btw: to all desire users: today I stopped at the service center. as expected, they coudn't do anything with htc desire and car's bluetooth. to change the superb phone or not, this is the question now :)

another question:

is it possible to increase ambient lighting (leds that are located on the roof and are illuminating the center console?). Found some info in the manual, but in my Maxidot there is no such setting. Any clues?

Regards!