fabia rear brakes

Hi everyone, I am about to reline rear brakes (drums), are they self adjusters or is there an adjuster on them?.

Also has any one experienced the car steaming up when stood in sunlight?--can't seem to find any wet carpets or anything.

Car is a 1200cc 04 classic model.

Cheers.

Hi,

Yes there are self adjusters on the rear drum brakes. They are a wedge design which is pulled into position by a spring. To release the adjuster you need to remove the wheel and the philips screw if it has one on the drum, turn the drum whilst shining a torch through the wheel bolt hole to find the adjuster wedge inside. It is near the top left/right depending on which side of vehicle. You then need to use a screwdriver passed through the hole to lever the bottom of the wedge adjuster upwards. Once you are successful, the brake shoes will move away from the drum and the drum can be released from the hub.

It is a pretty fiddley job, I had to do it myself a couple of months back. :thumbup:

The misty windows is probably just the cold air inside the car condensating on the windows because of the sun beating onto your windows. My Micra does the same, but I am yet to find any wet areas on any carpets. :thumbup:

S42-0031.png

Edited by skoda norm