MPG comparisons between the old PD diesel scout and the newer CR version

Hi guys

New to this forum.

As the topic suggests, just wondered what thoughts were on the MPG (and general driving etc) of the older PD diesel Octavia scout vs the newer CR version.

I've just ordered the CR diesel Octavia scout (back order for delivery next March)

Cheers

(apologies if this has been discussed before)

In the CR140, I'm getting 70 mpg on medium (70-90 miles) dual carriageway / motorway runs, with the cruise control set at 60. That's with passenger and loads. Alternatively, it can go like a greased weasel. It's also far more refined than the PD.

My older 105 PD will do about 65mpg on the same run.

Best I ever got was 80mpg on a local B road run in a SLX tdi.

I've just ordered the CR diesel Octavia scout (back order for delivery next March)

Why the long delivery time? Have you ordered the DSG? I ordered mine 14 sept and were told yesterday that the car is in production and will be delivered in november...

I have the PD130 in a mk1 Octavia, and on a long run to Bedfordshire (mixture of A roads and motorways) I can get 65mpg provided the traffic stays free flowing. As Mustard has said, the PD130 can go pretty quickly (ok, not quite like a vRS) when you want it to!

The old 90bhp 1.9TDi my wife had would clear 70mpg on the same run easily. I managed 74mpg once.

No experience of the CR though.

Why the long delivery time? Have you ordered the DSG? I ordered mine 14 sept and were told yesterday that the car is in production and will be delivered in november...

Its standard 140 CR manual. First thing the dealership informed me of, apparently the back log is due to a company that make the chassis protection pack going bust, so skoda had to find a new one and as a result it created the backlog. The dealership couldn't even get a demonstrator model?

In the CR140, I'm getting 70 mpg

Just be aware that a lot of people quote the MPG from their onboard computer, or even the instant MPG.

These numbers are often wildly inaccurate.

The only way to get a true MPG reading is to brim the tank, reset the trip computer and calculate it manually!

Hi guys

New to this forum.

As the topic suggests, just wondered what thoughts were on the MPG (and general driving etc) of the older PD diesel Octavia scout vs the newer CR version.

Cheers

(apologies if this has been discussed before)

Sorry, no Scout, but previous Elegance PD 105 estate usually managed 60-62 (brim figures) with the readout usually about 1 mpg above this. Towing was 31 to 34. My 2-week old 1.6 CR Elegance estate (still very tight with only 500 miles on the clock) managed 71 mpg (computer only, too early for brim figure) on a run from home to Slough and back, just me and the M25, limiting speed to around 60 mph.

The one great difference between the two is the much quieter and more refined CR unit. If you like the turbo rush on the old 1.9 unit then you may miss it on the CR, but it more than makes up for it with such quiet starting up and acceleration. The other really useful (for me) addition is the SD card on the Bolero, which removes the need to burn CDs for your music. So much quicker and easier than those shiny discs that get scratched!

Edited by GMC555