'Pats' first birthday

The Plumber

Well my Monster is now a year old by build date :party:; how time flies, and has covered just over 10,000 miles. So today she had a service and the dealer carrying out the work chased round looking for those illusive intermittent creeks and rattles :S Couldn't fault the dash although it rattled there and on the way home :doh:. However they did adjust the doors to sort out the door seal creaking (and lube seals); they were apparently out of alignment (already had rear hatch door adjusted by the supplying dealer, as it was catching the bumper :wonder: ). They also found a noise generating fault with the front seat (or seats) which requires new parts, so she's got to go back in in a couple of weeks.

Will see tomorrow what effect if any this door adjustment has had on the creek front as she will have a run along the A166 which usually brings out her best tunes :giggle:

TP

Well my Monster is now a year old by build date :party:; how time flies, and has covered just over 10,000 miles. So today she had a service and the dealer carrying out the work chased round looking for those illusive intermittent creeks and rattles :S Couldn't fault the dash although it rattled there and on the way home :doh:. However they did adjust the doors to sort out the door seal creaking (and lube seals); they were apparently out of alignment (already had rear hatch door adjusted by the supplying dealer, as it was catching the bumper :wonder: ). They also found a noise generating fault with the front seat (or seats) which requires new parts, so she's got to go back in in a couple of weeks.

Will see tomorrow what effect if any this door adjustment has had on the creek front as she will have a run along the A166 which usually brings out her best tunes :giggle:

TP

Happy birthday Pat and many happy returns.

John

TP

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT

hope Tim brought you a prezzie :rofl:

Many thanks to all for the replies :)

Interesting result this door adjustment on first impressions anyway, as the chassis feels more rigid and there's a lot less dash scuttle over deep road imperfections. Some intermittent dash rattles are still there but the door creaking appears for the time being at least to have disappeared. Fingers crossed that remains the case.

Oh the other bizarre one is the way the bonnet 'pants' as your driving along; this has changed to a much smoother 'wave' pattern from a 'trampoline' effect I had before :wonder:

Regards,

TP

Congrats

Mine is 11-9-2009.

I had a stop light go out this week, and last week the electric windows threw a wobbler, the back windows went up and then straight back down again on their own, after ten mins of messing they got their memory back.

Which brings me to another foible, has anyone tried driving with a back window down - I get a tremendous vibration when I do, it feels like the propshaft is falling off, but it is just turbulance

Regards

Mike

Congrats

Mine is 11-9-2009.

I had a stop light go out this week, and last week the electric windows threw a wobbler, the back windows went up and then straight back down again on their own, after ten mins of messing they got their memory back.

Which brings me to another foible, has anyone tried driving with a back window down - I get a tremendous vibration when I do, it feels like the propshaft is falling off, but it is just turbulance

Regards

Mike

Back window down - YES. Violent drumming. Open another window slightly to rebalance. The car acts like a stopped organ pipe.

Electric window wobble - Open window, Close window but hold the switch up until you hear a click. Should reset it.