Someone hit my Vrs. :-(

Watching telly last night......Bang! Que car alarm going off. Rushed out to see a sh*tty red estate revving off, couldn't get the VRN. Tried to go round the block to cut them off, but seeing as I was barefoot I couldnt get there in time. I should have got into the Vrs, they wouldn't have outrun me then! Came back and looked at the car, big dent in the front bumper, which popped out back to normal in front of my eyes! There is about a 1 inch crack in it and some paint scuffs so hopefully it's repairable. The fog light has come out but looking at it, it seems to just clip back in, I hope so. Now I'm all for forgiveness...but if any Briskodians in Portsmouth see a garbage red estate with rear damage and silver paint scuffed on it.....kick it's wing mirrors off.

Rant over!

its a complete nightmare, i popped into the shop two weeks ago and when i came back tot the car someone has reversed into my bumper and not left any details. The bumper needed to be reshaped and resprayed and the boot protection i had installed on it ( the 3m film stuff) all needed to be removed as it was close to the area concerned and the paintshop needed a clear area for respray. I have got a good relationship with my local smart repair shop so it only cost me £120.00 to put right and they have done a spendid job. An accident repair place would have no doubt charged a lot more!

The bad thing is that the only way to negate this stuff happening is either not to use the car at all and store it out of the way or to wrap it in bubble wrap, both of which are not practical. I know that there are cameras out there which you can fit into your car and when it senses thatthe car has been bumped then it will automatically save the last 15 seconds worth of footage. Good for looking out of the front of the car but they dont sell them for the back. I am still considering one as i would dearly love to meet the vandals in court for having driven off from a road traffic collision.

Hope you get it repaired soon and it dosent cost too much. It sounds like a smart repairer may be able to get you sorted, i would get a few prices from some in your area and ask to check out their work before proceeding as unfortunately some of the repairs carried out by smart technicians can be shocking.

Grrrr...... Annoying!

I had 3 little dents in my old octy, other than that it was spotless, and all 3 of those occured whilst I was nowhere near it....

I once reversed into a car, smashed the headlight, did the honourable thing, left a note...

3 weeks later, I had a letter thru the door, thanking me for being so honest, and telling me to forget it, as they had managed to get 1 from a scrappy for a fiver.

I'll bet the car that hit you was uninsured, untaxed, joyridden or Drunks

Oh for 5 mins in a dark alleyway.......

This has happened to me too...cost me £400 out of my own pocket as I was 18 and needed to protect my only year of no claims; I have also witnessed it once and took great pleasure in calling the police with reg and passing details to the owner of the hit car in the shop.

It is a pain, I don't want to claim on my insurance as I've got an excess plus don't want to lose my NCB, as I dread what the insurance would be for it without any. Took the SMART thing onboard. Going to email this company http://www.scratch-wizard.co.uk/index.htm with a photo for a quote. The car is going back to the dealer to get some bodywork done at the end of the month anyway (dings and scratches) so might get their repairer to give me a quote and compare the two. Lets hope it's not too much.

Sorry to hear that, I hate it when others do crap like this. Make sure any metalwork or other structures behind the bumper arent bent or damaged, happened before when someones hit a friends car, the bumper popped back out on its own with just a crack and chips in the paint but it had caved in the boot area, you wouldnt have known if you hadnt lifted the boot lid, the guy had tried the 'it will buff out' and tried to make a hasty exit.

Edited by Rhoobarb

There doesn't appear to be any damage from within, which is good. The ironic thing is I paid out for dealer fitted parking sensors, which were only fitted on tuesday so as to minimise damage to my car and others....and then someone else prangs it. Great.

There doesn't appear to be any damage from within, which is good. The ironic thing is I paid out for dealer fitted parking sensors, which were only fitted on tuesday so as to minimise damage to my car and others....and then someone else prangs it. Great.

Tell me about it, i had dealer fit parking sensors fitted, had the 3m ventuteshield paint protection too but it dosent negate for other drivers errors unfortunately!!! :(