Complete change for me

Newera

Hi people, just collected my 4 year old Fabia VRS today and it was just as good as all those claims made by all its fans which have posted on various websites. I have read a lot of them before committing to buying one.

Since 2003 we have been very fond of Peugeot 306 gti6s/Rallyes/Cabriolets and have had all of them and the last to go was the Cab, part exchanged for the Black example I bought today in Whitchurch in Shropshire and drove back to Kington, Herefordshire in a very spirited way. Car put a huge grin on my face and I really like it though it’s TOTALLY different from say a 306 Rallye, which I also loved to bits. The Rallye and GTis for that matter are all about getting to 3k revs when the action starts and the Fab all about 2-3k or thereabouts – but what a blast of fairly silent power. Brakes are good too and could not believe the handling because we go on and on about the handling of the Peugeot hot hatches on the GTi6/Rallye forum. We bought this car to save on fuel so managed about 48 mpg on the drive back. So you can see I was testing it.

It was amazing that there were two people very keen on the China Blue Cab as soon as I drove in. I left with these two people looking over it. Is that bizarre or not? The garage got a bargain for that car (even bought snow socks for the 15 inch wheels). Less what I sold the Cab for, I paid £4 k with 65,000 miles on the clock for the Fabia.

Would be good not know what bits about the Fabia need fairly close attention as the ageing Peugeots needed a lot of attention.

Edited by Newera