Great long termer write up in Car magazine

mwas123

Another month, another huge thumbs up for Car magazines long term 110bhp diesel.

They've taken all long term cars to Wales, for a comparison- and the Yeti they say is the best of them all.

'solid, roomy, comfy and unexpectedly entertaining, it's one of the very best cars on sale today' they conclude.

The article is well worth a read, in a generally very good magazine.

Another month, another huge thumbs up for Car magazines long term 110bhp diesel.

They've taken all long term cars to Wales, for a comparison- and the Yeti they say is the best of them all.

'solid, roomy, comfy and unexpectedly entertaining, it's one of the very best cars on sale today' they conclude.

The article is well worth a read, in a generally very good magazine.

Just looked on their website, but couldnt find it.

Is it just in the magazine?

Yep they do seem to like it. For me it's even better to hear of Evo's praise for it actually!

For Car, it probably gets delayed before it hits the website. Otherwise there'd be little point in buying the magazine ;)

See http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/Long-term-tests/_/N-dvZe0 - there are other Yeti based articles there.

Steve

For those who are not sufficiently dedicated to the Yeti cause to spend £4.40 to read approximately two column inches about it, here is, as far as I can find, all they say about the Yeti in the article.

The magazine has a regular section called "Our Cars" where they write about their long-term test cars.

This month, rather than than the usual dull reports about having replaced the windscreen wipers or topped up the oil or taken it to the dealer to be serviced they have all gone on a short trip to North Wales with their cars.

They seem to have taken all thirteen cars on their fleet with them. The article starts with a group photo of journalists leaning against their cars - but only eleven of them. The Yeti was omitted from this photo, along with the Mazda CX-7. Included within the article is a picture of the dashboard of each car - yes, even the Yeti. Underneath the photo of the dash it says:

UPS| Diesel fwd mini MPV in crowd pleaser shock

DOWNS| A Yeti vRS would have helped on these hills

It also details the mileage and fuel consumption (41.7mpg) and mentions that they spent £2.95 on screenwash. (Sorry, I can't find a yawning emoticon.)

There are some other small photos of the Yeti in the article, including one which carries the caption "Yeti seats are removable, occupied or not." and shows a picture of a car seat placed on the ground, occupied by a man who is pretending to drive. In the background is a Yeti. Maybe this seemed amusing at the time...

The accompanying article is written by Chris Chilton, Associate editor, and reads like a cross between a group test of the cars that were there and a schoolboy's "What I did on my holidays" essay. The Yeti is not mentioned until the final two paragraphs which read:

We've learned a bit about each other these last couple of days, and a lot about our fleet and its strengths and weaknesses. And come to the conclusion that the multi-talented Skoda Yeti is the best of the lot. Ben Barry's right when he says this model's 108bhp 2.0 turbodiesel is a bit gutless, but Walton and Oliver are so impressed they're reaching for their wallets. 'That's all the SUV you need,' Ben declares. 'It's a potential next car for me.'

Solid, roomy, comfy and unexpectedly entertaining, it's one of the very best cars on sale today. And it's reminded us that you don't need a supercar to enjoy a pointless drive in great scenery - although it's handy to have mates with an M3 and Megane RS.

Thanks for all that! However, this reader does not understand the need for such total cynicism, sarcasm, whatever you wanna call it. Mmmm?

Yes, you're right. I was being pretty cynical and a bit sarcastic. There was no need for it.

I am a subscriber to Car (and no other car magazines) and I do like the magazine. I also feel that the quality of its journalism has declined over the years - I must be getting old!

If I were only interested in Yetis and I'd bought the magazine purely to read about them then my feelings might have been justified. I'm probably just jealous of the journalists.

I used to love CAR but now find it a little hit and miss, still, they do seem positive on the Yeti.

The report by EVO on the 1.8TSi was one of the major reasons I fell for the Yeti. After a lifetime of 'sporty' cars I was desperate for the car I 'needed' rather than 'wanted' to have a bit of driving pleasure, little did I know (after a test drive) that a Yeti could actually proove far more enjoyable than some of the more 'sensible' sporty cars I have owned - yes that means you Colt CZT.

Any Autocar readers may want to see tomorrow's edition. A Yeti is pitched in a group test against the new Countryman and the Juke amongst others. Should be interesting.

Edited by Fluffy destroyer of worlds

I used to love CAR but now find it a little hit and miss, still, they do seem positive on the Yeti.

The report by EVO on the 1.8TSi was one of the major reasons I fell for the Yeti. After a lifetime of 'sporty' cars I was desperate for the car I 'needed' rather than 'wanted' to have a bit of driving pleasure, little did I know (after a test drive) that a Yeti could actually proove far more enjoyable than some of the more 'sensible' sporty cars I have owned - yes that means you Colt CZT.

Any Autocar readers may want to see tomorrow's edition. A Yeti is pitched in a group test against the new Countryman and the Juke amongst others. Should be interesting.

EVO now have a 1.8TSI Yeti on their Long Term fleets and in this months issue report that they have replaced the regular Dunlop tyres with Dunlop Direzione D3 (or somename like that) 'track day tyres'.

They then proceeded to chuck it around Silverstone on their sponsored Track Day. What a hoot!