Fabia VRS rear nearside brake light

sunny76

Evening all, was after some help. The indicator on the dashboard has lit up to advise that a bulb is out. I narrowed this down to be the rear nearside brake light bulb, but I've been out earlier and checked the bulb with a multimeter and found it to be ok.

I tried a new bulb and this still didn't work!

I'm beginning to get a bit worried also as the car is due it's MOT at the end of the month!

Would anyone have any idea's as to where I'd have to start checking?

Doesn't seem to be any water getting in the rear light cluster either.

Thanks

Sunny

Evening all, was after some help. The indicator on the dashboard has lit up to advise that a bulb is out. I narrowed this down to be the rear nearside brake light bulb, but I've been out earlier and checked the bulb with a multimeter and found it to be ok.

I tried a new bulb and this still didn't work!

Sunny

Might seem daft(and don't mean to insult ,but the brake lamp is the lower one ( a single lamp) .

Take it you mean that the new bulb didn't light ,but the offside one does?

If so - are you getting voltage on the contact, and earth on the outer .( Not knowing your electrical abilities,so no insult intended ,again - )-test from centre contact of lamp to body ( would expect approx 12v) ,and from outer to body ( on ohms -would expect very low reading)

If not -it's trace the wiring time ( or ask Teflon Tom , where the common points are located,depending on which leg is missing ,as according to Haynes ,both sides of all three are commoned ) .

Both, thanks for your replies, they're appreciated.

VWD, I did check that the bulb was the correct single filament type.

When I get some daylight to have a look around with, I'll take the multimeter outside and investigate.

Thanks again guys

Sunny

Evening,

Just a quick thanks to the guys who posted some replies!

Got the brake light working this evening, it turned out to be the bulb in the top of the nearside holder that was blown. Replaced that and this has sorted the brake light out!

Thanks again